Jon Levasseur no longer in Cryptopsy

• Thread starter Jon Levasseur
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
anyone can post in a forum. Why would he spread the news in this manner whilst also basically slagging off the band he was in.

Which is the beauty of modern times. Why would he do this? Because The Unspoken King was the bastard child of what used to be one of the wildest death metal bands in the world. Jon's statement was also posted on Youri's facebook.

Why is this not an official statement? Because Flo has to have dignity, even though he obviously sold himself out and failed miserably with TUK. Yeah, yeah, I know music is subjective and all, but if you fail to realize that TUK was a bullshit Cryptopsy album that was made to appeal to hot topic kids, then hey, enjoy.

lol @ people being surprised musicians post on forums. They're not omnipresent sentient beings that reside in the heavens, we're all human beings with a connection to the internet.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
lol @ people being surprised musicians post on forums. They're not omnipresent sentient beings that reside in the heavens, we're all human beings with a connection to the internet.

not the point we're trying to make, jsut trying to ponder as to why someone would go to all these different forums to post this info that he could easily himself sound out to any music news outlets or post on his own FB (if he has one) or any other means where it can be seen by all ina more official manner

with that said, again, based on what i read in Flo's latest interview, Jon wanted to do one more album, which i don't see as a porblem, if he wants to just make one more, that's fine by me, but i was atleast hoping to see him tour little before he leaves.

if he has left Cryptopsy, then he has def gone out on high note, this new album kicks some serious ass, and no matter who they get to replace him, they will never be jon or like him in his style.

still looking forward to seeing them live and hearing the new tunes live.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Which is the beauty of modern times. Why would he do this? Because The Unspoken King was the bastard child of what used to be one of the wildest death metal bands in the world. Jon's statement was also posted on Youri's facebook.

Why is this not an official statement? Because Flo has to have dignity, even though he obviously sold himself out and failed miserably with TUK. Yeah, yeah, I know music is subjective and all, but if you fail to realize that TUK was a bullshit Cryptopsy album that was made to appeal to hot topic kids, then hey, enjoy.

Well, whether or not you like TUK, it's still somewhat inarguable that the album was both a sufficiently radical shift in style as well as recorded with nearly no original members, apart from Flo who apparently didn't write any of the older material. Making the album was all well and good, but using the Cryptopsy moniker for it was honestly a bit out of line, regardless how forgivingly you view the whole situation.

Given certain... Well, rumours.. that Flo is perhaps a bit difficult to work with, Jon's leaving does not surprise me the least.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I know lots of people around Crypto and heard about it. Youri who used to play guitar before Jon's return (and bass for a short moment) is back in the band and has been for a couple of weeks. Nothing has been said about him staying as a permanent member like before or if it's temporary but I dont think he'll stay as he has a few projects that are doing well on their own..we'll see! If you dont remember him, he's the dude with crazy long dreads that used to do alien like back vocals.

Here is his main project:

him on bass with Cryptopsy:

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Nothing has been said about him staying as a permanent member like before or if it's temporary but I dont think he'll stay as he has a few projects that are doing well on their own..we'll see!

I don't think Youri is staying, he's just filling in for a tour.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
If this is true

602367_302916839822677_862199387_n.jpg

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Not announcing this via FB is really a douche move of the highest order. Jon's return has given the band a new lease on life, and knowing he's back will bring a lot of people to the shows, who would otherwise have stayed home.

But if he has left the band, and is still on the FB page as a member, that is theoretically false advertising. Who the heck wants to see Flo + hired guns!?

MSGR

Reaction score
Never thought he'd go back to Cryptopsy in the 1st place so I'm just glad we got a true Cryptopsy record out of this. But now that he's gone, the band should just give it a rest or else we'll end up with TUK2 :noplease:

Reaction score

Someone knows what he's talking about!!! Bang on my friend! :agreed:

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Hey John, I think it is about time you rejoin Cryptopsy permanently and stop messing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')