Jon stewart has no balls.

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Frank Zappa's da man :yesway: I was listening to "Jesus Thinks Your a Jerk" in the car the other day, the song in which Pat Robertson gets pwnd.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ann Coulter is fucking idiot. If I were a liberal, I'd shoot myself.

The thing about Politically-based television Media is that essentially, everyone has good ideas, but ruins them with one, just fucking abysmal trait or belief. For instance, Bill O'Reilly is the god of most republicans I know, but I would never attempt to debate with the guy. Not because I've be intimidated, because he abuses his powers of moderation. He's the type of person who thinks that whoever has the most input is the victor. Fucking stupid. Then you have Keith Olbermann(Not sure how to spell his last name), who would actually have some creidbility, if he wasn't like the chief chasing Inspector Closeau. The dude just wants to ruin Bill's career.

Jon Stewart I just detest. The man thinks that he's the head of some unified Democratic idea, when nearly everything he says is just against Republicans and the Bush administration, which is the reason most people don't vote for Democrats(Don't say they do, we have a current Republican majority). Democrats seem to have no cause, other than just being against shit. The irony is that a Democracy is ruled by the people, and no one knows what they want. At least Republicans admit to just wanting to become richer.

We need an Independent voice on television, like Henry Rollins on basic cable.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Way to the Grave said:
Isn't she the one that wrote that book about Liberalism being the Godless religion?
Yes. But that doesn't make her a liberal. :lol:

Liberalism isn't a religion anyway. It's a politicial ideology. She was (attempting to be) facetious, and contrast liberals with the uber-Christian rightwing conservatives. Like herself. Or so she thinks. :lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Way to the Grave said:
Jon Stewart I just detest. The man thinks that he's the head of some unified Democratic idea, when nearly everything he says is just against Republicans and the Bush administration, which is the reason most people don't vote for Democrats(Don't say they do, we have a current Republican majority). .
You know, the bush administrations actions have been driving people who are republicans (like myself) away from voting republican and making us vote liberal. i have a VERY strong feeling that the next president WILL be democrat, because i think a majority of people want to get the hell out of Iraq and the middle east in general, and that a republican would just continue the process that the bush administration started.

If there were a majority supporting this current administration, its rating wouldnt be in the 30% satisfied area. I voted for bush and i've regretted it ever since. i wish i could recant my vote and vote libritarian or soemthing.

I'd vote for henry rollins in heartbeat. Fuck, if he ran, i'd be working on his campaign locally.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Not having personally inspected Mr. Stewart, I cannot say with certainty that he has balls or not. Of course, if by balls, you mean cojones, having seen the man in action, I would say, with some degree of confidence that he is well endowed. Sometimes a true display of cojones is the strength, dare I say, the testicular fortitude, to show restraint and do the job assigned to you until it is done and then determine if any additional actions are required.

Case in point, Zinedine Zidane. Cojones would have led the man to see to it that the game was won before getting himself booted off of the field, and then, and only then, give Materazzi his just desserts. No. He had no balls. He ejaculated prematurely. Jon Stewart, on the other hand (pun intended), does not. His appearance on Crossfire should explain the perspective he takes during his interviews. In my view it is far more skillful to allow your guests to make fools of themselves (Bill O'Reilly) than to invite them on your show to deride them.

Jon Stewart is the man.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
urklvt said:
Case in point, Zinedine Zidane. Cojones would have led the man to see to it that the game was won before getting himself booted off of the field, and then, and only then, give Materazzi his just desserts. No. He had no balls. He ejaculated prematurely.
Speaking of which...

I have about zero knowledge of or concern about soccer. I don't even know these guys, and this was probably way bigger news elsewhere than here in the US. But, we did hear about it, and so, I present to you this amusing link related to this subject.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1152865998/Zidanney_Hill

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Bummer, I can't get to it from work. The Army blocks just about everything. I guess I'll check it from home.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Way to the Grave said:

The thing about Politically-based television Media is that essentially, everyone has good ideas, but ruins them with one, just fucking abysmal trait or belief. For instance, Bill O'Reilly is the god of most republicans I know, but I would never attempt to debate with the guy. Not because I've be intimidated, because he abuses his powers of moderation. He's the type of person who thinks that whoever has the most input is the victor. Fucking stupid. Then you have Keith Olbermann(Not sure how to spell his last name), who would actually have some creidbility, if he wasn't like the chief chasing Inspector Closeau. The dude just wants to ruin Bill's career.

Jon Stewart I just detest. The man thinks that he's the head of some unified Democratic idea, when nearly everything he says is just against Republicans and the Bush administration, which is the reason most people don't vote for Democrats(Don't say they do, we have a current Republican majority). Democrats seem to have no cause, other than just being against shit. The irony is that a Democracy is ruled by the people, and no one knows what they want. At least Republicans admit to just wanting to become richer.

three points:

1.) You'd shoot yourself if you were a liberal? I don't get it, Coulter's a conservative, more or less, and if anything I think you'd shoot yourself if you were a conservative out of embarrassment for her. :lol:

2.) While your analysis of John Stewart would be spot-on if he was a politician, he's not: he's a comedian. Does he take constant cheap shots at the Bush Administraion? Of course he does, he's a commedian who hosts a left-leaning mock news program, and all kidding aside he should be mailing Bush a card and a nice bottle of wine every Christmas for eight years of perfect source material. He's also not above the occasional pot shot at the left, too - "Wait a minute, the Dems have leadership?" in the interview above. I joke about "Stewart in 2008" as much as the next guy, and I love his show, but let's be honest here, he's no politician, he's an entertainer.

3.) Henry Rollins is the Smartest Man Alive, Ever.™ I'd love to see that, his analysis on the post-war situation in Iraq when I caught him a year or two ago was incredible.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Drew said:
2.) While your analysis of John Stewart would be spot-on if he was a politician, he's not: he's a comedian. Does he take constant cheap shots at the Bush Administraion? Of course he does, he's a commedian who hosts a left-leaning mock news program, and all kidding aside he should be mailing Bush a card and a nice bottle of wine every Christmas for eight years of perfect source material. He's also not above the occasional pot shot at the left, too - "Wait a minute, the Dems have leadership?" in the interview above. I joke about "Stewart in 2008" as much as the next guy, and I love his show, but let's be honest here, he's no politician, he's an entertainer.

Exactly! :yesway: That's the same mistake Tucker was making on Crossfire, accusing Jon Stewart of not asking genuine interview questions. He's a comedian for Christ's sake!

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Way to the Grave said:

While watching the 2004 presidential debates, I just couldn't help but notice that the Bush vs. Kerry debate didn't have any major points. Kerry sat there the whole time and pointed out everything that Bush has done wrong, and just saying what he'll not do, where-as he should have stated what he will be doing. President Bush just defended himself using the Christian faith the whole time, and got an applause...

Anyway! The real debate, was in the vice presidential session. Dick Cheney vs. John Edwards. There weren't many cheap shots and explaining what the other side did wrong, but more or so along the lines of stating a problem, and a solution to the problem.:yesway:

So yes, both sides just point out other's bickering, but... you have to look for the real debate. Remember, like 90% of the US are uneducated clowns. Ask them if they want free chips and pie, and they'll say yes, of course I want chips and pie, I mean it's chips, and pie, what's not to like?:lol: The presidential debate is what I like to call the "mock" debate. Everyone thinks it's all important and special, so they make their choices off of that. The intellectual world shall be watching the vp debate.;)

Funny thing, John Kerry's initials are JFK.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
David said:
Funny thing, John Kerry's initials are JFK.

Come on, dude, he's a Massachussetts Democrat - what'd you expect? :lol:

My personal favorite moment from the 2004 debates - Kerry won a lot of respect in round 1 for listening intently to what Bush was saying and taking notes, while Bush sat back and made faces while Kerry was talking (and yeah, I'm pretty sickened myself that this is what American politics has come down to). So, in round 2, if you paid attention every time Kerry started talking Bush went for his pen...

...but he just made long, flowing back-and-forth loops as opposed to Kerry's short character-like penstrokes. The dude was just drawing circles to give the illusion of writing while Kerry spoke. :lol:

...of course, it worked. :rant:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Diebold machines in California now, hooray.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Come on, dude, he's a Massachussetts Democrat - what'd you expect? :lol:

My personal favorite moment from the 2004 debates - Kerry won a lot of respect in round 1 for listening intently to what Bush was saying and taking notes, while Bush sat back and made faces while Kerry was talking (and yeah, I'm pretty sickened myself that this is what American politics has come down to). So, in round 2, if you paid attention every time Kerry started talking Bush went for his pen...

...but he just made long, flowing back-and-forth loops as opposed to Kerry's short character-like penstrokes. The dude was just drawing circles to give the illusion of writing while Kerry spoke. :lol:

...of course, it worked. :rant:
That's exactly what I'm talking about! There is no presidential debate... it's putting on a show that will make you appear more favorable. Apparently Mr. Bush is a first-class entertainer.

')