Jonny Craig is back in Dance Gavin Dance

• Thread starter eventhetrees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
I'm surprised that people here actually like this band...

Have you listened to Downtown Battle Mountain? All the material after it sucks. If you haven't heard it I think you should check it out before making a judgement!

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Have you listened to Downtown Battle Mountain? All the material after it sucks. If you haven't heard it I think you should check it out before making a judgement!

:agreed:
The self titled album was a big disappointment compared to Downtown Battle Mountain, and me buying after Hurricane Ike, when we had to cut back on almost everything was a total kill-joy. My only favorite song off of the self titled album is Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most.

hxcdeathcore

Reaction score
If you listen to DGD, their actually kinda progressive. Putting screams in parts where melodic singing usually is and singing in parts where screaming usually is. Plus their lead guitarist is also the screamer so he has some pretty good talent. Johnny is a very good singer too.

f2f4

Reaction score
I won't deny that Johnny is a very gifted singer for a second, but did I read correctly when it said the former screamer(whatever you'd like to call his "position") is coming back too? That guy was god awful. I'm pretty bummed about it. I loved happiness, and DBM just seemed very emo-esque to me.

bigchocolateman

Reaction score
This actually makes me quite happy.
I really like DBM, the other ones, not quite so much. Their music seemed to head a whole new direction when he left, so hopefully it becomes a new progression of DBM with him back.

Chumple Spuzz

Righteous Dude
Reaction score
i think this has pros and cons.

dbm was definitely their best album, and j.craig has a GREAT voice recorded, but he really want good live. dgd kicked him out because he had some major issues with the rest of the guys, so unless hes sobered up and became kinder to his bandmates, this may not be a great idea...:2c:

regardless, i am excited to hear new things from them. both him and kurt are great singers, they just have a different approach to it.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Alt Press | Q&A: Jonny Craig opens up about the future of Dance Gavin Dance (and Emarosa)

I'm actually looking forward to this now. Jonny Craig just loves music. I read/listened to a few interviews. He just never wants to be in the same place or be at home. Admirable. But he has to choose his words more wisely sometimes. In the interview I linked to he says " “This is what’s going to happen. I’m going to be a part of [DGD] again. I started the band, and I kind of want to be around for the end of it. I want to see what we have left to give." Really seems like DGD is taking one last shot, if DBM2 doesn't work out they are done...that's what it truly seems like...

For those who miss Kurt (like me) sounds like he's doing just fine!

Joshua Tree - No Not Constant - Let's Pretend (ruff) - SoundCloud

New demo (sounds new to me) of his New/Old band No Not Constant. I love it, can't wait for a full release.

Best way to describe this (saw it on a FB comment) if American Football and This Town Needs Guns had a baby... haha

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
I had no idea they were literally making a "Downtown Battle Mountain 2". This will be amazing.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
DID YOU HEAR JONNY CRAIG IS BACK IN DGD!?

DTBM 2!?!?!

DANCE GAVIN DANCE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THATS THEIR FUCKING BANNER

They even kicked out their most recent guitarist to get their OLDEST guitar player back in the band (he never even played on any releases) back in the band.

This is like...selling out on your own hype and drama if that makes any sense.

I'm not holding back how I feel anymore.

DTBM2 will be a decent record. I might even like it. I'll see

BUT with all this shit they keep pulling. RIP DGD.

Fuck this band.

They can redeem themselves by sticking with 1 line up, NO changes for at least a FULL YEAR.

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
This band is pretty much god tier post hardcore. S/t album is fucking amazing.

HOLY SHIT SHE SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN BEEN BEST FRIENDS SINCE WE WERE 11 AND YEAH I THINK I LIKE HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I know some members of the band got lessons from my guitar teacher and went to my high school but I honestly have no idea when that was because of how many fucking lineup changes they have had :lol:

Awesome band though :yesway:

Latest posts

')