Jordan Rudess "speaks"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Jordan Rudess is absolutely phenomenal on a grand piano. He can write some of the most beautiful piano pieces I've ever heard. I really don't think he does enough work in this area.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
So kinda sad but optimistic/happy for mike?
Beautiful playing btw

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
great piece, thanks for sharing!

i heard a rumor once that jordan is actually an amazing guitarist but for one reason or antoher continues to stick to the keys for DTH. any truth to this?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Jordan indeed is a multi-instrumentalist, but he plays keyboards as his main instrument. Not sure about the "amazingness", but why would he even try to compete Petrucci. ; D [/sarcasm]

Demeyes

Reaction score
great piece, thanks for sharing!

i heard a rumor once that jordan is actually an amazing guitarist but for one reason or antoher continues to stick to the keys for DTH. any truth to this?

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I've seen Rudess a couple of times on the guitar, and he plays well, probably because of his incredible musical knowledge, fast hands and perfect pitch. But the piano has always been his primary instrument from Julliard till Dream Theater.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
When I logged on and saw the shortened title "Jordan Rudess..." I was about to have a heart attack...I thought this was a thread saying he planned to leave DT. But now Im in here, I really dig this video. I've seen JR twice live and he is absolutely phenomenal. He did an extended solo on Solitary Shell on the Prog Nation 09 tour and it was amazing

SD83

Reaction score
Great musician, great playing, but in some parts, to me at least, less would be more (nice to know he can play like 2.000 notes per second with his right hand...). But those small parts aside, beautiful.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Awesome. Rudess rocks my socks! :D

Ditto here man, never understood all the Rudess hate. I've been listening to classically trained pianists my whole life (including my mother) and he's my favorite...even over heavies like Horowitz and Argerich.

Now if I could just convince him to play the Rach 3.:lol:

Latest posts

')