Josh Smith (Northlane) confirms new sig guitar in works

• Thread starter Logan Abbott
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
Got to meet Northlane and Erra for VIP here in Vancouver . Josh was cool . I asked if he was using his seafoam B7 and he said just wait and walks away . We were backstage before the gig . Few minutes goes by and he comes back with his guitar and hands me it , says check it out and play it if you want .

I had pictures on an old phone that got lost , but man that was a cool experience . I can confirm everyone in that band are all top tier guys . Josh was sick , I didn't even ask to see it , he brought it out . Dudes a fine lad .

All I can say is the strings he uses are fucking FAAAATTT . Stoked his production model is based off that one . The OG was cool as fuck !
that's pretty fuckin rad. Sounds like a cool dude. Always sick to get your hands on someone you appreciates guitar. Sharing a common bond!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
Josh showed the full model on his instagram story a while back. I remembered about it and searched up this thread hoping I missed something... apparently not

Dave Death

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Josh showed the full model on his instagram story a while back. I remembered about it and searched up this thread hoping I missed something... apparently not

You mean this?

image0.png

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I told myself I didn't need another 7...
Looks like I'll be getting one of these regardless! The San Dimas headstock tipped me over the edge into guitargasm.

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
His baby blue B7 had me gassing super hard back in the day, and I don't play 7 strings lol:

0URHump.jpg

His other custom swirl B7 was pretty sweet too:
hypcoo17nfknsudtriyu.jpg

Little sidetrack but the swirl reminds me a bit of the guy from Thornhill's guitar:
57294218_2388229584529838_3546406976512589824_n.jpg

I know they're both from Australia so could be the same refinisher? ET Guitars for anyone interested: https://www.facebook.com/1211842412...abel-rgixl7-black-and-turqu/2388218311197632/
Not sure but it's more likely josh got his done at Harron Custom Guitars, got it like that from the shop, or just did it himself like he did with his baby blue one.

DropQb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He shared this to his story recently. There was also a hipshot version. I didn’t get a pic of that one though. I’m already saving up for it as it has basically all the specs I could want out of a production 7 string. If Jackson ever releases a production model of the crackle 29.5” model, I’d buy that in a heart beat too.

Attachments

• 761E3246-CF66-4C76-A1EE-98BB7F14DB93.png
    761E3246-CF66-4C76-A1EE-98BB7F14DB93.png
    2 MB · Views: 232
Last edited:

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
He shared this to his story recently. There was also a hipshot version. I didn’t get a pic of that one though. I’m already saving up for it as it has basically all the specs I could want out of a production 7 string. If Jackson ever releases a production model of the crackle 29.5” model, I’d buy that in a heart beat too.
NGL this is kinda fugly. Wonder if it's a bad angle or what but something is off. Thanks for posting!

Mattykoda

Reaction score
I think it’s a combination of the single coil, soloist body and headstock. It’s new, blue and badass. I have no need for a 27” but I plan on getting one of these. The specs are outstanding and the knobs placed out of the way are perfect.

Adieu

Reaction score
That’s an excellent point that I hadn’t considered when it comes to scale length. With regards to 3 piece vs 1 piece, I actually prefer 3 piece for for the extra stiffness and for the lack of a hump that can develop over time in the fretboard at the 1st fret with scarf joints.

Scarf joints are unrelated to the piece count of a neck. They're just a way to make an angled headstock cheaper by reducing lumber waste and dimensional prerequisites.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score

Do we think this is a prototype of the production run? Wonder why its not seafoam...
Unless its just a new custom shop?

Latest posts

')