Josh Smith (Northlane) confirms new sig guitar in works

• Thread starter Logan Abbott
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
& I'm not saying this is the guitar, but my photographer caught this great moment at our sydney show where i was playing a non-USA 7 string soloist baritone...
I’ve so much on this forum about this but it’s great to hear it from the man himself! I am definitely going to pick one up as soon as drops.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Although the chosen finish is not my thing, I'm super glad more people is adopting the H-S pickup config. Hopefully it gets more popular in the future. To me it's just the best possible combo and also look pretty cool.

Last edited:

nerozume

Reaction score
Thought I'd drop in and resurrect this thread to say nice sleuthing. There have been a couple of delays but I'm getting told on shelves early next year. Have been playing the proto on tour and it has been awesome.

Ah :(
Thought I'd be able to buy it this year.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
& I'm not saying this is the guitar, but my photographer caught this great moment at our sydney show where i was playing a non-USA 7 string soloist baritone...
I really dig that thing. Looks like it came straight out of 1986
just
djentier :lol:

A.JohnHayes

Gallops go brrr
Reaction score
The specs on this are exactly what I want in a 7-string. The prospect of likely paying upwards of €1,600 and rolling the dice on Jackson's shoddy QC is discouraging, though. I'd hope it came with a Graphtech nut, considering the €1,400 Mishsa Evertunes don't.

Last edited:

Jinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The specs on this are exactly what I want in a 7-string. The prospect of likely paying upwards of €1,600 and rolling the dice on Jackson's shoddy QC is discouraging, though. I'd hope it came with a Graphtech nut, considering the €1,400 Mishsa Evertunes don't.
I have been told by Michael Harron of Harron Custom guitars that the quality on these guitars is top notch.

Jinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These guitars that don't exist yet?
There’s 3 of them to my knowledge. 1 is Josh’s and two others got setup so that jackson could copy the setups for Josh’s signatures so they come out of the factory the way he likes them.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
There’s 3 of them to my knowledge. 1 is Josh’s and two others got setup so that jackson could copy the setups for Josh’s signatures so they come out of the factory the way he likes them.
Well yeah but aren't those custom shop built ones essentially something for the factory to copy? We gotta see the copies first before we can call good or bad, homie.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Just found out I've been living under a rock and only knew the other Josh Smith...

noob_pwn

Reaction score
They are korean made and are exactly what the production model will be.
this is correct. The protos are factory samples and they stack up to my JCS guitars however they sound a little more neutral, probably because of the thicker paint. On par with ibanez prestiges that i used to own. The colour was Jackson's choice. If it does well I could have scope for variations and maybe a longer scale version.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any variations you have in mind? Do you see them sticking with your key specs or becoming a new model with tons of variations? Obviously this is just hypothetical chat and depends on how well they sell etc

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
this is correct. The protos are factory samples and they stack up to my JCS guitars however they sound a little more neutral, probably because of the thicker paint. On par with ibanez prestiges that i used to own. The colour was Jackson's choice. If it does well I could have scope for variations and maybe a longer scale version.
What is the scale length of this one?

noob_pwn

Reaction score
I have an update for you. Looks like some availabilities came up for production space and jackson have been able to get these turned around sooner than we hoped.
Preorders will come online in early September and the guitars will be on shelves early December. Pricing will be a touch more than the misha pro series ET as this one comes stock with BKPs.

')