JP 7

• Thread starter dav2321
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dav2321

Reaction score
Hey guys, been gassing lately for a JP7, trying to talk myself in/out of buying one. Anyone here have experience with one? I'll take good and bad opinions. The EB forum as you can guess will not have unbiased reviews. Currently for 7's I have a IBZ 7421, and a Schecter C7 Blackjack. The C7 sounds great but the non-recessed upper edge really digs into the arm after awhile and the neck is thicker than I like. The IBZ feels good playing it ( I love the neck) but dosent have that "high quality" feel to it . What's also really worrisome is that there's no way to try one, none of the big online stores carry them, nor local stores,so I'd be buying one on good faith ($1500-1900 is alot for "good faith"). Let me know what you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Donnie loves his JP7s. Im sure he could tell you all the great things about them. :)

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
I also love my JP7. I have two other 7's, both American made customs, one listed for about the same price, while the other is twice the price, however the quality feel of the JP 7 is second to none...now I finally know what a professional instrument feels like. The trem is second to none, definately the best trem on the market. A full floating, purr like a kitten, flutter fest trem with locking tuners (no locking nut Floyd here). It's a piece of art, and the neck...wow, like glass. Now I don't know much about other endorsee's, but all EBMM guitar signatures are the EXACT same instrument that the pros (JP, Morse, AL, and Luke) play.
I have mine set up to 1/32" action...now of course there's light acoustic buzzing, however once she's plugged in, there's NADA!
Some comments arise about the pups, but as far as sevens go I compared them to both EMG 707's and Seymor Duncan SH-8 Invaders, and for me the pups ROCK. However I've never played an IBZ so I can't comment there...just my 2 cents.

FoxMustang

Reaction score
My JP6 is awesome, someday I'll have a JP7 to go along with it. I have only good things to say about mine. Love the pickups, love the trem, love the neck.

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I have a C7. It comes with two SD pickups, and not Duncan Design ones. The JB (bridge) is a great, agressive pickup that isn't muddy. The '59 is also a great clean pickup, but also has a general warm sound with distortion.

But you're right about the neck, though. It;s hard to get the higher frets.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
I also love my JP7. I have two other 7's, both American made customs, one listed for about the same price, while the other is twice the price, however the quality feel of the JP 7 is second to none...now I finally know what a professional instrument feels like. The trem is second to none, definately the best trem on the market. A full floating, purr like a kitten, flutter fest trem with locking tuners (no locking nut Floyd here). It's a piece of art, and the neck...wow, like glass. Now I don't know much about other endorsee's, but all EBMM guitar signatures are the EXACT same instrument that the pros (JP, Morse, AL, and Luke) play.
I have mine set up to 1/32" action...now of course there's light acoustic buzzing, however once she's plugged in, there's NADA!
Some comments arise about the pups, but as far as sevens go I compared them to both EMG 707's and Seymor Duncan SH-8 Invaders, and for me the pups ROCK. However I've never played an IBZ so I can't comment there...just my 2 cents.
That's right, Wayne! I forgot you had one too. My bad...lol.

')