Jp15 input

• Thread starter a curry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a curry

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a jp15 7 Sahara burst. What are your thoughts about them? The piezo really intrigues me and it seems like a really versatile axe. I've only ever played a Sterling jp7 when they first came out. I thought it played extremely well for the price tag.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is the piezo system. I've never messed with one. It's it fairly close to playing an acoustic electric?

It's about as close as you're going to get. Once you EQ it right and get used to the different picking dynamics you, and especially the audience, won't know the difference.

Musiscience

Reaction score
The JP15 is an incredible guitar, especially if you can get 400$ off. The neck is thin, but round, and the gunstock finish is the best satin feel on the market (IMO). The pickups are very versatile, especially with the piezo option. The roasted maple is very very stable (or at least it was on my JP) and will save you trouble with climate. The build quality is second to none.

a curry

Reaction score
Ok that's good to know about the neck profile because I've noticed lately my Ibanez is making my fingers go numb. I'm assuming it's from the wizard profile.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Ok that's good to know about the neck profile because I've noticed lately my Ibanez is making my fingers go numb. I'm assuming it's from the wizard profile.

It's not fatter than a Wizard, but the profile is very different. It's more rounded and C shaped. Very comfortable.

a curry

Reaction score
Awesome! It's really selling like the jp is a great bang for the buck. Especially when it comes to what I need to do.

Bigredjm15

Reaction score
I have been an avid Ibanez player for a long long time. The JP15 is incredibly comfortable, versatile, unique, and well crafted. I am a little scared that I may sell off some of my Ibanez's for an additional JP15 that's how good they are. Piezo is amazing. The sheer amount of tones is just phenomenal. Very comfortable and slick neck. Great tremolo, and easily blocked if need be. I really do feel its a 'recording artists guitar' if that makes sense. You need a sound? It has it.

pott

Reaction score
I'm a huge MM fan (I've had 12 or so over the years) and I typically find most JPs to be fairly useless, for me. I don't need the piezo (though it is nice to have), floating bridges annoy the hell out of me, I don't like the shield inlays and I prefer 5-way blade switches.

But I ADORE my JP15.
It feels very different to many modern shredders. The 100% satin/matte feel of the guitar, the quilt top (I have mine in trans-black, with all black hardware) just lends it a different feel overall. I do prefer the shape of the 'classic' JP series (I am still dying for one to be made hardtail...), but the 15 is 'it' for me, in terms of feel, tone, and looks.

I got mine brand new from GC; I typically don't buy production guitars brand new. It was a completely out-of-character buy for me, but from the moment I played it (I asked to give it a shot randomly after being subjectively disappointed by the Axis Super Sport BFR burl), and until today, I've just loved it.

')