JP6 Refinish Ideas?

• Thread starter nicktao
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting a JP6 withing the next few weeks. If I don't get the MD finish I'm going to send it off to Marty Bell to refinish for me.

Just brainstorming colors right now, if anyone could possibly photoshop some colors that'd be awesome.

So far I've got:

Blue to purple sparkly chameleon:

SSpwp421Large.jpg

Misha's Jackson blue sparkle:

tumblr_m1xstdkQZK1qfjnnio4_1280.jpg

Any other ideas? Marty is booked up until mid-January so I'm having him send one of his sample cards. What colors, sparkle or otherwise, would look good on a JP6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^^ That seems like a better effect for a car that a guitar but I guess I'd want to see how it looks and works on a guitar before I make any judgements haha.

Honestly, I absolutely am digging the hell out of their Graphite Pearl Finish right now. I may have to order a barebones JP7 with a matching headstock in that finish at some point. As for refinishing colors, I'd love to see a Seafoam Green JP!

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Maybe some kind of spotted take... Not like a polka dot pattern but like a birdseye maple or leopard pelt sort of vibe would certainly be unique looking on a Jp6

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
I like the blue sparkle idea, but I have a feeling EBMM will do a run of that soon enough, considering they just did green and red.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
ANYTHING besides the Misha blue sparkle. Anything. I would actually also stay away from flip flops. They have been done to death. One thing you dont see a lot of is alsas chrome paint. I would do chrome with a candy over it from alsa corporation so that it would be a mirrored look color. Naturally if it were mine it would be purple.

')