JP70 Sterling By Music Man Owners' Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lobotom

Reaction score
IMG_20130311_201417_zps3564e1d6.jpg

IMG_20130311_201454_zps5eb16bfc.jpg

IMG_20130311_201430_zpse6ca9143.jpg

Serial #BO 12282

Alex Llorens

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
Patrick English here, a proud owner and now member of the JP70 club!

Proud owner of #B012393

Here's a quick statement about the guitar.

This guitar is incredible and with a set up to match! It was such a effortless transition from my previous seven string and a definite step up in terms of playability and quality. Immediate reaction to the guitar is the comfort level and absolutely spot on ergonomic design. The contours fit exactly how I play and the neck is just something else! I love the super soft, and slick sanded back to the neck, coming from a seven string with a gloss finish on the back of the neck it makes it seem like I was so restricted before. I'll be posting plenty of pictures, possibly video, and any modifications I do on the guitar. Thank you Brian, and the rest of Sterling by Music Man for such a fantastic instrument. Can't wait to show it off live in the coming months! Check out Samudra's facebook page for music recorded with this guitar and plenty of live shots to come! www.facebook.com/samudrametal

And now some pictures!

2yo486v.jpg

20uvk1f.jpg

34t352x.jpg

14az90w.jpg

Reaction score
…and now there are 7 (strings, that is!)
The Sterling By Music Man JP70 Owner’s Club List, created/started March 18, 2013:

1. Lobotom .......... #B012282 JP70-TPB
2. Acauseforpatric .......... #B012393 JP70-TGB

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Yep goin to have to get one of the purple one's. So much gas for it. How close does it feel to the EBMM JP7's that have now? Cause if it's half as good then it's damn good.

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
... How close does it feel to the EBMM JP7's that have now? Cause if it's half as good then it's damn good.

I would say it is close. Of course with that much of a price disparity (~+$2000??) you're going to find some things about the EBMM model that will certainly be nicer. But I don't think that the difference in how the instrument feels and plays is a $2000 difference. I was honestly quite surprised by the price tag of the JP70 from SbMM ($629), I was estimated it to be somewhere closer to $900-$1000. The first difference you will probably hear is the pickups. That's the only part of my guitar I'll be swapping out in the near future. Personally I'll probably end up with a Dimarzio Evolution 7 in the bridge and either the matching one in the neck position or the Liquifire 7. Just to keep a bit of the JP mentality in my tone ;]

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
What about the light blue burst looking one. Is that goin to come out?

I believe those were just mockups that a member here made. I was sad too :( currently the only colors available are green and purple. The stealth black is coming out as an exclusive for Guitar Center later on this year.

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind one of those light blue burst ones ;]

It would make me feel less guilty about how little I play my LTD MH-1000 in the same color

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Looks like they came out with a JP100D version which has DiMarzio Crunch Lab and Liquid Fire pickups and locking tuners. Pretty neat, I've never heard of this Sterling by Music Man" series before.

http://www.sterlingbymusicman.com/jp-guitars

Edit: Nvm sorry guys its a 6 string

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
The Spartan in me wants green... but that purple is pretty tempting.

Argh, if I wasn't a broke-ass recent college grad scraping by attempting to get in to grad school and spend more money.

That being said, one of these will be mine!

eventuate

Reaction score
If I can't get my hands on a JP7 after selling some of my gear... this is definitely plan B.

jcbakz

Reaction score
Im also selling my gear to get a jp70. But like most sterlings i hate how the "made in indonesia" is printed. Looks boring and makes the guitar look low end. They shud have printed it for their newer models like the ibanez premiums. Is there any way of taking it off? Is it printed before the top coat? And how is the neck thickness?

')