JP70 Sterling By Music Man Owners' Club

Santuzzo

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the stock PUs on these?
I actually think they sound good, so I am not in a hurry to swap them for DiMarzio's.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
I actually think they sound good, so I am not in a hurry to swap them for DiMarzio's.

they dont sound too bad! i wish they had a bit more sustain to em. i think i will eventually swap out with the EMG metal works

lewstherin006

Reaction score
AscendingMatt said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santuzzo

they dont sound too bad! i wish they had a bit more sustain to em. i think i will eventually swap out with the EMG metal works

be careful with covered pickups. I know covered bkp don't fit in the jp7s. metal works should be fine though

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Hi,

I like my green JP70 so much that I had to get the purple JP70 as well.

Got it yesterday (NGD-thread coming soon), as the green one it's a great guitar, only issues I have with it:
-the seam of the body parts glued together is not parallel to the strings. on all other JP70s I have seen the seams on the body parallel to the strings which IMO looks a lot better.
is this a production flaw or is this common?
img0367pc.jpg

-small dent on the fingerboard at 1st fret as well as two other very small dents on the back of the neck, but I guess this kind of flaws are considered acceptable in this price range?
img0368uq.jpg

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Looks like I bought one too.. ordered at L&M Halifax, should be in within 3 weeks. Lets hope its a solid guitar. Kinda an impulse buy, but I wanted a JP7 for awhile and this is cheap enough to fuel that gas.. and I needed something to cheer me up this week =[

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
I impulsed one of each as well after a crap work week, I'm at a crossroads there. I'll do a proper NGD after I mod the pup sitch...this will make 5 6's, 5 7's, and the 8'r...lol. I have problems.

Reaction score
so guys, i got a new baby JP70 yesterday heres a question, do you guys put the guitar with the trem bar on it on the gig bag?? because i dont want to adjust de hex screw everytime i need to put the guitar in the bag

sorry 'bout my english

PS. Pictures coming soon

Santuzzo

Reaction score
so guys, i got a new baby JP70 yesterday heres a question, do you guys put the guitar with the trem bar on it on the gig bag?? because i dont want to adjust de hex screw everytime i need to put the guitar in the bag

sorry 'bout my english

PS. Pictures coming soon

I take the trem bar off when putting it in a bag or case (which I am planning to buy).
But, yeah, it's a bit of a pain to adjust the screw every time.

Another thing: has any of you JP70 owners noticed that the metal rod that is enclosed in the bag for adjusting the truss rod does actually not even fit in to the holes of the truss rod screw?
no big deal, as a small screw driver or hex key will do just fine, but I thought it's weird they enclose a rod meant for adjusting the truss rod, but it does not even fit:scratch:

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
I take the trem bar off when putting it in a bag or case (which I am planning to buy).
But, yeah, it's a bit of a pain to adjust the screw every time.

Another thing: has any of you JP70 owners noticed that the metal rod that is enclosed in the bag for adjusting the truss rod does actually not even fit in to the holes of the truss rod screw?
no big deal, as a small screw driver or hex key will do just fine, but I thought it's weird they enclose a rod meant for adjusting the truss rod, but it does not even fit:scratch:
Santuzzo, i haven't had that trouble. You just need to get it at the right angle...it's snug but that's a good thing. I was planning on getting a couple mini screwdrivers's from lowes or depot and grind the phillips head off...then toss 'em in the bag as an adjustment tool.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Santuzzo, i haven't had that trouble. You just need to get it at the right angle...it's snug but that's a good thing. I was planning on getting a couple mini screwdrivers's from lowes or depot and grind the phillips head off...then toss 'em in the bag as an adjustment tool.

Thanks, I will try again. :yesway:

EDIT: tried again, but it just won't fit. I don't want to try forcing it in, I guess it should go in easily....

Santuzzo

Reaction score
That's bizarre. I only stuck the rod in the purple one, it needed a touch of relief and it wasn't easy, but once I got the perfect angle it slid in. Didn't try the green.

I assume it's the rod. It needs a bit of 'sharpening' I guess, but I might try it on my purple one, see if it works there....

')