JS-7

• Thread starter Digital Black
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digital Black

Reaction score
Satriani been using a custom built 7 based on his sig ibanez for some time. A mag artical a few months ago ( guitar player i think) he mentions Ibanez producing them for him. I hope they decide to bring this to market considering they sell more Js series guitars than the K7's. I know I'd buy one for sure.. Ibanez always bring the worst colors to the USA market.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goliath

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have to see it, it might end up looking too much like the EBMM JP (which i dont like at all)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I assume you mean the shape of the EBMM? I don't like it much either to be honest with you. I'd love a JS7 though. Mmmm....

I wonder what the inlays will be.

Digital Black

Reaction score
EB MM? no way. Headstock is toatally different-Ibanez usually uses inline which I prefer. Joe usually don't have any fancy inlays on his regular 6's, I doubt he'd have on the JS7-so that would not be a production item.. Wonder what he's using for pickups though? Dimarizo's for sure but....

neantir

Reaction score
This would be pretty damn cool. I always liked the S series, but the 7 string version has shitty hardware. Are the JS bodies any thicker than the S ones, by the way?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
From what I've played I think the bodies are the same, but I could be wrong.

Digital Black

Reaction score
JS bodies are baesed off the old Raduis model. They are a touch ticker but it has a cutaway on the body where your hand would go to use the higher frets..