JTG Infinity

• Thread starter Rich
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Reaction score
I finally managed to find some pics of this awesome 80's guitar as seen on the back of Nuclear Assault's "Game Over". Pretty good upper fret access :lol:

4415qx4.jpg

4541hlx.jpg

2uokhnm.jpg

I'd love to have one, I suppose the chances of finding one of these are pretty slim though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
dude!!! i own that exact guitar you posted now!! i wonder where did you get that. i had the guitar for about 2 months now. it's great to play, ebony fretboard is so much fun to play and the kahler flat mount is so versatile. i changed the pick ups to a vintage yamaha bridge. i tried a seymour duncan trembucker but didn't sound right and i had this 70's yamaha, took the cover off coz it was pretty rough/rusted and it has a great tone.clean and twangy on clean and great on distortion. i wouldn't exchange it with any guitar below 1k, i believe it's pretty hard to find now.

jtm45

Reaction score
There was a neck-thru one of these on ebay the other day.The shape was exactly the same.
It was a signature model of someone like Neal Schon (really!!!)and this particular one had a very early Floyd locking trem,the model that didn't even have fine tuners (like Brad Gillis used).
It was in Japan too.

Reaction score
the washburn hm-5v or 20-v is pretty wicked too as well as the kramer voyager.

Reaction score
i have seen another on ebay same design but has a different headstock and looks to have an accutone bridge, it looks to be an arbor. hondo has a model the same body but another dif. headstock and dif bridge. but JTG infinity i believe is where it came from, and been used by ?anthony bramante of Nuclear assault. YouTube - this is the exact guitar that is posted here, i tried to cover the bright round spot where maybe an old sticker was with a pink floyd sticker. well, it's red and matches with the infinity logo but could've used a more heavymetal band name but whatever, and by the way just don't mind how i play.jtg infinity

Rich

Reaction score
dude!!! i own that exact guitar you posted now!! i wonder where did you get that. i had the guitar for about 2 months now. it's great to play, ebony fretboard is so much fun to play and the kahler flat mount is so versatile. i changed the pick ups to a vintage yamaha bridge. i tried a seymour duncan trembucker but didn't sound right and i had this 70's yamaha, took the cover off coz it was pretty rough/rusted and it has a great tone.clean and twangy on clean and great on distortion. i wouldn't exchange it with any guitar below 1k, i believe it's pretty hard to find now.

I forget where I got the name of this guitar, but I found the pics on an ebay listing a while back.

Cool vid btw, such an awesome 80's guitar.:shred:

Reaction score
yes i won that listing on ebay. got it on a very good price and it came with an original hard case.bloody amazing! i could't stop thanking the seller after. i've been searching ebay for about 3 years for it, there was actually one lefty listed and got sold so cheap but it has a broken headstock but repairable. but anyway it is great to look at and play....well at home.. ha ha!

vkillerv

Reaction score
I actually have a JTG INFINITY purchased at the Chicago NAMM show in 1984, one of 2 prototypes on display there. Mine is blue with grey headstock and logo, the other was banana yellow with green. Unfortunately I recently had a fret job done on it by a "luthier" friend of mine who really methed up and put the wrong type of fret wire, so now I have to find someone here in Indy to dress down the frets so it will be playable again. It is a really sweet guitar and was comparable in sound and playability to my '77 Les Paul Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')