Judging people by music?

• Thread starter flexkill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'm Cuban... :shrug:

... and Bahamian...

One is clearly much nerdier than the other if you actually take the time to listen to it beyond the fact both backing tracks are most readily defined by the drum pattern... :shrug:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Actually... MY credit score is rather high... It seems to surprise most creditors as well.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I figured... You live in Germany. That joke was quite reminiscent of something I'd expect from the North American continent...

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Basically how I started seeing this whole thing a few years ago:

Helped me get along with many more people and just be more social.

MyNameIsMax

Reaction score
It can work pretty well sometimes. It makes sense though. Music is closely linked with your personality

Reaction score
I admit it: I avoid people that listen to rap. I am sorry, but most rap is music for stupid, ignorant people.

If you don't like any style of hip hop or rap, that's cool. But, I believe you are mainly referencing mainstream rap as explained by Konfyouzd. The common stereotype of rap is all the big names you see and hear on TMZ and shit. (Lil Wayne, etc) But, there are huuuge underground hip hop scenes across the world that dislike the morals and mediocrity of mainstream rap just as much as you. If you broaden your horizons a bit and look some up, you just might find some you'd like.

Don't say you hate all fruit because you once tried a banana that tasted like shit. :lol:

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how this thread has developed. A few months back there was an exact same thread created on the results of one of these psychological grouping tests. The thread became so full of people effectively echoing the musical superiority statements, I was deterred from the ss.org community, however this thread has reached the opposite conclusion.

...Fucking sheep.:fawk:

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
I would have to agree with Asrial. I think that how open people are to other music is a better judge of character over what they listen to. If someone listens to Top 40 pop but is willing to give some Immortal a listen because I say it is actually really good, then they get a :yesway: in my book. But if they listen to top 40 pop and Metal = Noise then they get a :noway: in my book, but that doesn't mean I'm just gonna shut em out either, I'm sure we would have more in common than just that. Same goes for me though, I usually can't stand country for several different reasons, but if someone at work wants me to check out a song because it is good, I will absolutely do so, who knows, I may even like it. In fact, I was completely into techno, electronic and hip hop until someone played 'Falling to Pieces' by Firewind years ago. And my ipod has never been the same since.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Most people don't like or care about music that much. They think about what they listen to about as much as you think about what socks to wear.

I just don't talk about music with anyone who is not a musician unless I'm directly asked about it.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Most of my friends can't stand metal. In fact most are into J-pop, K-pop and some French rap. I hardly see why it would matter to me what they listen too.

It's music. People can hate metal and call it crappy noise. Who am I to say they have to like it? I hate blue grass but I know a lot of great people who like it.

I've found the correlation between personalities and and music types usually only exists in the people who would judge people based on their music tastes. :2c:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how this thread has developed. A few months back there was an exact same thread created on the results of one of these psychological grouping tests. The thread became so full of people effectively echoing the musical superiority statements, I was deterred from the ss.org community, however this thread has reached the opposite conclusion.

...Fucking sheep.:fawk:
I assure you, my answers have not changed... Or maybe they have. Feel free to call me out. :lol:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
The thread became so full of people effectively echoing the musical superiority statements, I was deterred from the ss.org community, however this thread has reached the opposite conclusion.

Welp, the problem is that you bothered listening to people that believe in subjective superiority.

I remember a thread where people were talking about how metal is a lifestyle, something pop fan's can't understand. It's a way of life and...:rolleyes:

There are plenty of cool people on here that far out weight the tools.

SP1N3SPL1TT3R

Reaction score
I know this is probably wrong, but I tend to judge people from their taste in music. The funny part is it usually weeds the right ones out more than not. Any one else do this?

More intelligent the music they listen the more intelligent the person???? I dunno something like that:scratch:

This is very true. You can even get a basis of their belief system. I wrote a paper on music interest vs intelligence. I can tell you people that listen to modern country music are at the bottom of that list.

')