Jules Bianchi hospitalised after Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
So at the end of Sunday's race, Adrian Sutil crashed and was safe. While his car was being recovered, Jules Bianchi crashed into the recovery vehicle and is now in hospital fighting for his life.

BBC Sport - Jules Bianchi: Marussia driver 'critical but stable' after crash

HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra.gif

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Goddamn.

I sure hope he recovers, that was ....ing brutal.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Jesus!:eek: Damn dude, that was really bad.

WTF? Was there no caution flag?

EDIT: I see the idiot in the tower from the GIF waving a GREEN flag?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
There was double yellows waved when the car was being retrieved. The #12 post was the first marshaling post past the crash scene, so therefore it's green (no "full course yellows" in F1 racing).

f1-japanese-gp-2014-infographic-of-the-jules-bianchi-and-adrian-sutil-crash-site.jpg

The rules have been like this since the early 80's. Everyone who participates in F1 or the respective feeder series (GP2, GP3, etc), knows about these rules. Also, there's yellow flag indicators inside the cockpit of each car. So drivers cant say that they arent aware they're entering a yellow zone.

With the above in mind. I'm inclined to believe that Jules wasn't driving slowly enough through the yellow (double yellow, actually) zone. Double yellow zones require the driver to be prepared to stop if need be. The impact with the tractor looked to be near racing speeds. So either he wasnt driving slowly enough -or- possibly he was already accelerating, trying to gain an advantage going past post #12. He 'was' in a battle for position at the time.

Second time a Marussia has gone underneath a truck of some sort. :ugh:

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Something else worthwhile pointing out.

There are 3 VERY lucky corner workers. Hate to think what wouldve been if Jules hit the front end of the tractor.

Hopefully Jules will pull through. As a Ferrari Academy driver, he was being groomed for an eventual seat at the Ferrari team. He had a very bright future in front of him in Formula 1. Be an absolute shame to see his career end like this.

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Absolutely terrible news. such a brutal crash.

I seriously hope he pulls through, It's sad that after such a clean F1 safety record post-senna that something like this has happened over such a stupid oversight.

Regardless of if he was going faster than he should have been or not in the double yellow zone, The shouldn't be ANY trucks / tractors / cranes etc track-side of the tyres without safety barriers attached to them while cars are still moving on the track.

My thoughts are with Him and his family and fingers are crossed he pulls through.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The latest is that he has returned to France and is breathing on his own. Nothing more, yet.

Bodes

Reaction score
I read that he died last night. So sad.

At least he can no longer suffer.

R.I.P. Jules Bianchi.