Just buy an old used Fuji Ibanez.

• Thread starter Dumple Stilzkin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
You guys have the right idea, keep buying used Prestige. That way I can collect as many late 80’s early 90’s pre prestige models. I scored another 540S LPF model, this is the precursor to the Frank Gambale signature. Some of the hardware is sunk into the body to allow for lower action.

I have one of these in purple neon and have been looking for one in the very rare color ‘fountain blue’.
DA0815C3-6017-4D5F-86C0-579934B08868.jpeg

334568BE-335D-4F79-8A1B-079818EE715D.jpeg

It needs some mods, there’s some gold hardware that is going away, zebra pickups and the knobs.
But just like my purple one, this thing is amazing. The playability is off the charts, and the color is just so cool.
Both together.
028034D7-29D7-41D3-BBB8-32180F64603C.jpeg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
GREAT find, congrats!

I'm with you, but I have the feeling most 80s and 90s Fujis are with a trem and I realized I'm a fixed bridge guy...

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You guys have the right idea, keep buying used Prestige. That way I can collect as many late 80’s early 90’s pre prestige models. I scored another 540S LPF model, this is the precursor to the Frank Gambale signature. Some of the hardware is sunk into the body to allow for lower action.

I have one of these in purple neon and have been looking for one in the very rare color ‘fountain blue’.
View attachment 146658
View attachment 146660
It needs some mods, there’s some gold hardware that is going away, zebra pickups and the knobs.
But just like my purple one, this thing is amazing. The playability is off the charts, and the color is just so cool.
Both together.
View attachment 146661
Hell yeah! It looks like they're both in amazing shape.

Are you going to put stock pickups in the blue one or anything not zebra?

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I saw that cement in the background and immediately feared for your headstock.
HNGD! I'm a huge saber guy in general but the old ones really were something special. Those look fantastic. I am all about that seafoam.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn. Nice color.

I still wish I could find a 2HB Sabre, personally. Never should've sold the one I had.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Hell yeah! It looks like they're both in amazing shape.

Are you going to put stock pickups in the blue one or anything not zebra?
That really depends on how much the original pickups go for, I have not looked into it yet. But if they cost more than I want to spend-- thinking about decking it out with a full set of parallel axis distortions, maybe even the new Brandon Ellis PA pickup. Though I really like rail style pickups too! Or maybe a Het Set, none of my Sabre's have EMG's yet.

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
Damn. There was one on eBay I almost grabbed before I found my RG970XL the other day.

Great score!

')