Just commissioned some Custom Artwork for my Sims 7 with Sveeart.co.uk

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Hello all!
Ok I am totally stoked about this and wanted the good people of SS.org to know as soon as poss! I have loved this guys art work for a while and really thought getting some work done by him woudl be way out reach for a mere mortal like myself! I am not sure how many of you know about Svee at Sveeart.co.uk but he is a very successful and well renowned Custom Graphic artist who specializes in Guitars artwork, including commissions for the ESP Custom shop.

Examples of his work are here:
4c0a8bac722864e7cbc81f01b89fbbb8.jpg

2326497bbf70c031b574afc18d2716de.jpg

USA_flag_and_pinup_guitar_by_Svee.jpg

King_Crimson_Bass_Guitar_by_Svee.jpg

Fender___Skullycaster___by_Svee.jpg

247203_10150192356698386_579743385_7169429_5961189_n.jpg

So turns out he lives like 20 mins up the road from me so I figured fcuk it why not ask for a quote on some art work I been thinking about for my Sims Custom 7 string (see below, sorry not best pic)
15022011023.jpg

Thinking he will be too busy and not bothered or interested by some joker like me asking to commission him for some work I emailed my ideas and that, in like 30 mins he had replied and is really excited by the idea so much so he is gonna throw in the prep work (grain filling/sealing etc) for free as he is so keen to crack on with it! haha! Couple of hours later my deposit is paid and hopefully will have a digital mock up of the planned work in the next few weeks or so, with the completed guitar some time poss toward end of Jan/early Feb. Only spoken on email but he seems a really nice guy and fact that some one of his obvious talent is so excited by my initial idea, just means I can't fcuking wait to see what he does with it and comes up with!

I really wanna let on what the design is but will save that for now and update the thread with the progress, in mean time I'll just say its a "Universal" design that will cover the entire body back and front, the headstock & the addition of pick up covers so there is more space for the art work as well

As ever cheers for letting me spill my excitement all over this forum like a 14 yr old watching his first Girl on Girl scene! Thanks for reading! :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Very nice! I commissioned some artwork last year from another British artist, Sam Shearon (www.samshearon.com). Given his resume, I also assumed he would be difficult to contact or work with....not true!

It never hurts to ask and it seems like if the artist truly enjoys his craft he will be as excited as you to take on a new project.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Very nice! I commissioned some artwork last year from another British artist, Sam Shearon (www.samshearon.com). Given his resume, I also assumed he would be difficult to contact or work with....not true!

It never hurts to ask and it seems like if the artist truly enjoys his craft he will be as excited as you to take on a new project.

As my mum says "if you don't ask you don't get..." Just checking out Sam Shearon's facebook page... very cool art work. I love that style he is using for the undead portraits & the clockwork ESP's are great... Have you got a pic of what he did for you, would love to see it?

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
It wasn't for a guitar, in this case. I've been immortalized in one of his Dark Portraits (I'll PM you which one).

But, he did inspire me to find a US based artist to work on a design for a guitar. I had Mike Learn (www.learnguitars.com) create this:

DSCF6898.jpg

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
It wasn't for a guitar, in this case. I've been immortalized in one of his Dark Portraits (I'll PM you which one).

But, he did inspire me to find a US based artist to work on a design for a guitar. I had Mike Learn (www.learnguitars.com)

Wow the Mike Learn guitar is so good, I love it! Nice. Much as I do love bare wood and grain on guitars you can't beat awesome graphics either!

Thanks for the comments and interest will def keep you all up to date!

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know about Svee. I might need to contact him with some ideas too :)

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Was checking out the Learn Guitars last night, alot of the custom work they did on the BC Rich Gunslingers for Namm 2011 are still up on eBay. Very cool art work. And your's is up there on the older entries too.

')