Just found this... For tube amp and Axe-FX users

• Thread starter StefanWest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XxXPete

Reaction score
I saw it at NAMM..pretty cool.But for what it does..I cant justify the pricetag personally

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great studio tool.

Though, for about 1/5th the price I could get a custom cab, and a decent mic. It looks to be great for those who need all the options, but other than that, it seems a bit overkill.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you can load custom impulses into the Axe, it just seems like there's not much point :shrug: It can hold more than the Axe, but I don't know why you'd need more than 10 custom impulses on top of the ones already in there. I mean, would be good for a studio with tube amps, but for every day folks with the Axe it doesn't seem practical.

+1 :agreed:

Now as a tool for a studio this would be awesome, but as something I'd throw in my own rack, not so much :2c:

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Just took the time to listen to all the clips... sounds decent, but I feel like I've heard clips that were as good w/ PODs, and clips that were better w/ the Axe. All in the engineer's ears, I guess.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I really don't see the point in comparing this with an axe-fx. It's not aimed at the guitar player market anyway.

WTF... it would be cheaper to buy it from somewhere in the EU and have it shipped here.
That's pretty much what happens when us in europe want to buy US gear. Axe FX included.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Okay.

Now somebody with loads of scratch needs to buy this and start A/B tests with a Palmer, and other cab sim/load boxes.

Its the only way we'll know for sure.

I'm 100% sure this thing will bury a Palmer. I've had 2 ADIG-LBs, and even the sub-par clips I heard of the VB-101 were better. I think the real competition is from the Axe itself, or other impulse software.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Okay.

Now somebody with loads of scratch needs to buy this and start A/B tests with a Palmer, and other cab sim/load boxes.

Its the only way we'll know for sure.

+rep. for being one of about three people here that realize what it is, and that it's not for pairing with an AxeFx. :yesway:

Oblivion

Reaction score
This thing is great...
But IMO it can only be used for recording(and live but i prefer cabs)
where you want something exact not close and the parameters are way more than the axe fx can handle and would always be close but not there.
If you have the money and want an excellent performance from that point of gear then buy other than that it's a waste..
Most metal and rock cds from france and slowly all over europe are recorded with this thing.
I tested it and owned it for a while with the Axe Fx Ultra and it rocks...they made that with axe fx in mind so they co op perfectly and axe fx is good for it's main job this is for it's accordingly.

Reaction score
Post delete by the original poster cause this place is worthless for info and anything related to tone. What a fucking joke!

To those of you who actually NOW something and I have thanked personally. Ignore the above text. Just do yourselves a favor and find a website without so many fucking idiots. Nothing but fucking fanbois and I HAVE TO HAVE (Insert popular 7 String guitar players) Gear cause I HAVE TO SOUND LIKE HIM!! IM SUCH A FUCKING NUB!!!!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The only downside I see is the price. The ability to use a Tube head and be silent in itself is worth $2500 especially for guys like me who live in an apartment....... hmmmmm

Send me $2500 and I'll send you an attenuator then :lol:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, does anyone know if you can actually save custom IR's with this thing and load them into the Axe-Fx? Because then I could see the use for it as an Axe-Fx user, disregarding excellent stuff like Redwirez for now and just focusing on the value of the Torpedo.

Having both an Axe-Fx AND a Torpedo in the rack, and programming both simultaneously and switching settings on both at the same time (to get amps and fx from the axe and cabs from the torpedo), would be a very complicated setup. But if you could create an IR on the Torpedo at home, load it into the Axe-Fx, and then use it as one of the 10 custom IR's in the Axe, then it could actually expand the versatility of the Axe-Fx.

Reaction score
Send me $2500 and I'll send you an attenuator then :lol:

Ya and I can plug my attenuator into an interface too .... ughhh... NO! your a fucking idiot.

Dude just go away with your AxeFartX love... shits really getting tired.

So here we go again with this lame ass AxeFartX Bullshit ....

The AxeFartX is SHIT for High Gain tones, end of story. It cant get even close to the brutal tones I get out of my 5150 for the style and sound I like ... notice I didnt say you, or any of your friends who own the AxeFartX.

Now .. the unit in question in THIS thread, notice I said THIS thread, is designed as a power soak with impulses embedded in a single box that can be run DIRECTLY INTO AN INTERFACE OR USE LIVE.

So I can use ANY head tube or solid state, ANY preamp, tube or solid state, ANY modeler AxeFartx, Pod, (insert your amp of choice) and have FULLY EDITABLE Microphone, CAB and optional Power Amp simulation. In the studio and live.

Your Fucking AxeFartX doesnt even come close to what this thing does. Lets see you take a perfectly awesome custom tube head like a Baron and plug it into your AxeFartX and watch the AxeFartX blow the fuck up cause your a douche and think it can do it all.

God I am so sick of all you people with your fucking AxeFartX love and not understanding this thing has nothing to do with and AxeFartX. If it was designed for the AxeFartX don't you think they would have used that in the friggin demo.

So JJ ... dude, you may be cool and all cause your are the leader of the Fart Heads, but your a fucking idiot when it comes to understanding shit about gear and what its intended to do.

I'm done with you at this point......

snuif09

Reaction score
holy shit dude chill the fuck down xD

i also think this device is pretty cool but i also like the axe fx and i hate 5150's with a passion so im not going all OMG YOU 5150 HARDCORE BR00T4L FAG GO PLAY DEATHCORE YOU EAR GAUGED FAGGOT HERPDERPDERP. if you like it fine so dont go shit on someone else his prefference also JJ uses a VHT preamp and axe fx for effects only

Reaction score
Post delete by the original poster cause this place is worthless for info and anything related to tone. What a fucking joke!

To those of you who actually NOW something and I have thanked personally. Ignore the above text. Just do yourselves a favor and find a website without so many fucking idiots. Nothing but fucking fanbois and I HAVE TO HAVE (Insert popular 7 String guitar players) Gear cause I HAVE TO SOUND LIKE HIM!! IM SUCH A FUCKING NUB!!!!

snuif09

Reaction score
i get your point but it does the impulses maybe not as good but hell it works and some people like to get informed hence bringing it up.

and if your sick of it just scroll across cause there are WAAAAAAAAAYYYY more 5150/6505 amps in this world and it would be a total waste of time flaming on all the users.

Reaction score

snuif09

Reaction score
i will stop with arguing cause all that childish "axeFartX HERP DERP" is making me rage like a motherfucker i only did that kind of name calling when i was 8 or so.

but i then again love how you bitch about comparing the axe fx while you then always start about your 51shitsty(omg im so funny LOLOL ._.) being better and sounding better IMO my trusted gearbox/toneport combo sounds better then the 5150 but why would i say that it isnt going to solve anything:rolleyes:

')