Just found this... For tube amp and Axe-FX users

• Thread starter StefanWest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Post delete by the original poster cause this place is worthless for info and anything related to tone. What a fucking joke!

To those of you who actually NOW something and I have thanked personally. Ignore the above text. Just do yourselves a favor and find a website without so many fucking idiots. Nothing but fucking fanbois and I HAVE TO HAVE (Insert popular 7 String guitar players) Gear cause I HAVE TO SOUND LIKE HIM!! IM SUCH A FUCKING NUB!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

snuif09

Reaction score
so i dont know anything about tone because i dont like the tone you like hahaha THATS ignorant.

tone differs with every person some love the so called trebly fizz and some hate it some hate a muddy sound some love it etc.

EDIT: got ninja'd. i also very much laughed to death with your fanboy statement there are alot of guitar players on this world and you fall in the category 5150/tube purist fanboy. and i dont know anyone with a DC-5 that i listen alot to but i fucking love the amp is just want the fx cause of the effects and shitloads of (channels)

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. This thread's going to be locked deleted. And GuitarGuru, I don't know you, but from the tone of your posts in this thread, you sound like you need a breather. I understand you're frustrated with everything and anything being compared to (or said to work with) the AxeFX, but at the end of the day, it's just a piece of gear. Let it go. It can't hurt you anymore. It's not your fault. You like your gear, we like ours, no biggie.

As far as the Torpedo thing goes, I can see it's place in the studio and *maybe* see it being used with AxeFX, but it seems a bit redundant and seems a *wee* bit overpriced. But if some people like it, and have the dough to throw down on it, and use it as a fucking doorstop, all the power to them.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Ya and I can plug my attenuator into an interface too .... ughhh... NO! your a fucking idiot.

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/mass150.htm

Here you go. You can send me cheque or Paypal since I just saved you a shit ton of money. Use software impulses and you're set :wavey:

MASS with 150 watt rating. 8 ohms. May be used on 4, 8, and 16 ohm amplifiers. Includes MASS bypass, line out, extra output jack, and range switch. This is our most unique MASS in that it has two power level controls, one for the bass-mid frequencies and one for the upper mids-treble frequencies. They may be adjusted independently for the best tone at all levels of attenuation. These controls affect the actual signal going to the speaker, not just a line out signal like in our other units. So, it is like having high level tone controls. The controls are very effective and the tonal combinations are virtually infinite. Because a MASS motor is employed, a more realistic interaction between the attenuator and the output circuit of the amp occurs. The attenuation is continuously adjustable from zero to over -70db using speaker control and the range switch. Like all Weber attenuators, setting the speaker control to minimum (maximum attenuation), allows the MASS 150 to be used as a dummy load for testing or for DI use.

Emphasized the parts you may want to pay extra attention to.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, just in my defense, anytime I bring up the Axe FX, it's A) In a thread about the Axe, or B) You brought it up first.

I don't even use the models on the Axe FX, I use an external tube pre-amp (as I've said lots of times). If you think the 5150 is the holy grail of tone, whatever, I don't care. I was breaking your balls and joking around. If you want to be a douche, that's your prerogative.

PS - When calling this website a bunch of idiots, you might want to spell know right. [/grammar nazi]

Enjoy not being here, I'm sure the rest of us will enjoy you not being here too :wavey:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CarpetCleaning.jpg

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Ya and I can plug my attenuator into an interface too
That's actually what I've been doing with both my Marshall SE100 and my SPL cabulator you know. They're designed for that. And I've saved you the price of the speaker impulses so you can send me the money instead of JJ.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Whatever, we're a bunch of n00bs who don't know shit. Stop trying to act like you know everything. So what if you've done what he thinks is impossible, you'll never beat a 5150 cranked to eleventy billion for t0nez.

Oblivion

Reaction score
guitarguru you need to relax "mate".
This is supposed to be a discussion not bashing one anothers gear...
your 5150 cannot do the things AxeFx is famous for and AxeFx cannot do the things torpedo is famous for,as far as studio goes it cannot get even close.
For those who want to have a complete home studio gear and want to record their pieces there Torbedo is the best rack they could ever have as far as micing cabs and preamps and all that and that is MY opinion from my personal experience.
Someone might not like it that's ofc ok!
For me mesa triaxis preamp,2:90 poweramp,Axe fx for Effects and maybe co op with triaxis for preamps combination and Torpedo for studio is perfection..But that goes for me.
So your 5150 or whatever works for you.
PS if someone is to use torpedo as a doorstop please send it to me and I'll send u back a perfect plastic doorstop with magnet to keep door in place!!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I never said this thing wasn't handy for a big ass studio, but for a home user, or someone's live rack, doesn't make much sense.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'd say it would be useful if you'e not a "genre" artist, too. If you're a studio musician you must have more tonal options than just "favorite amp+cab". If you work for Whitney Houston one week and Frank Sinatra the other week your requirements aren't exactly the same, and bringing your own stuff in means reliable tones as ooposed to making do with whatever you find in the studio.
We all agree this isn't really useful for a hobbyist playing the brootalz or people in bands with one tone for the current year.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
For a home studio too, you can always use software impulses, which there are countless ones out there, and I think the software for it is free, although some of the impulses cost money.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
guitarguru you need to relax "mate".
This is supposed to be a discussion not bashing one anothers gear...
your 5150 cannot do the things AxeFx is famous for and AxeFx cannot do the things torpedo is famous for,as far as studio goes it cannot get even close.
For those who want to have a complete home studio gear and want to record their pieces there Torbedo is the best rack they could ever have as far as micing cabs and preamps and all that and that is MY opinion from my personal experience.
Someone might not like it that's ofc ok!
For me mesa triaxis preamp,2:90 poweramp,Axe fx for Effects and maybe co op with triaxis for preamps combination and Torpedo for studio is perfection..But that goes for me.
So your 5150 or whatever works for you.
PS if someone is to use torpedo as a doorstop please send it to me and I'll send u back a perfect plastic doorstop with magnet to keep door in place!!

I'm getting the vibe that you have used one of these Torpedos... do you know if you can make IR's on it an load them into the Axe-Fx? Or do you have to run the unit itself to be able to use its features?

Oblivion

Reaction score
I'm getting the vibe that you have used one of these Torpedos... do you know if you can make IR's on it an load them into the Axe-Fx? Or do you have to run the unit itself to be able to use its features?

I didn't get into that since I don't use the impulses on axe fx!
But I don't think that you can upload an IR directly to the axe fx...I might be wrong.It seems feasible to load the too...I'm not a gear head but i know what i like and since i got these two from a already known musician at least here in EU,he taught me the basics and I had to go from there for the time they were on my posession!
I'll search the Axefx wiki and I will ask him and I will tell you for sure!!

')