Just got back from Seattle...

jaredowty

Reaction score
...and Symphony X absolutely slayed. My two friends and I were right in front about a foot away from Michael Romeo the whole time, the best spot in the house. Also, their setlist was amazing:

1. Set the World on Fire
2. Domination
3. Serpent's Kiss
4. Paradise Lost
5. Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
6. Smoke and Mirrors
7. The Walls of Babylon
8. Of Sins and Shadows
9. The Odyssey

The Odyssey really suprised me, I didn't think they'd actually take the time to play the 24 minute epic every show...definitely an amazing experience. This was hands down the best show I've ever been to, and I've been to quite a few.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
Dude, I was there :metal: I totally agree...best show I've ever seen by far. Their sound setup was amazing, all the instruments came through perfectly clear, and without being overly loud. Michael Romeo's guitar tone absolutely slays now too. And their set list was really great, they played more stuff off of Paradise Lost than I expected, and of course The Odyssey was incredible. And you forgot to list Sea of Lies there ;) I was hanging around probably about where you were, but more in the mosh pit area, but I could still see Romeo play all the solos perfectly. I was really glad to see what a huge crowd response they were getting. It's great that they're finally getting a really big fan base. Long live Symphony X :hbang:

jaredowty

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot Sea of Lies for some reason...

What shirt were you wearing (I might remember you from it)? I was wearing an Evergrey Monday Morning Apocalypse shirt...btw, what'd you think of the opening bands? I thought EoE was pretty slick (especially the guitar tones), but Sanctity was terrible IMO.

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
I was wearing a kind of faded military green tshirt ( I was like one of the only people not wearing black :lol: ) Echoes of Eternity was not bad. If anything I liked looking at the singers cleavage :D she was hot. Not that great of a singer though. I didn't like Sanctity at all, but the lead guitarist was alright, and kinda fun to watch because of all the stupid faces he made, especially when he did those pinch harmonics. My friend took some pics at the show with his cell phone, I'll see if I can get them from him. He tried recording some vids of Romeo soloing too, but I don't think they turned out very good.

btw, how many hours did you drive for that show? I see your location says Montana, that must have been pretty far. Me and my friend drove from southern Oregon. It was about a 7-8 hour drive in including all the traffic.

jaredowty

Reaction score
I was wearing a kind of faded military green tshirt ( I was like one of the only people not wearing black :lol: ) Echoes of Eternity was not bad. If anything I liked looking at the singers cleavage :D she was hot. Not that great of a singer though. I didn't like Sanctity at all, but the lead guitarist was alright, and kinda fun to watch because of all the stupid faces he made, especially when he did those pinch harmonics. My friend took some pics at the show with his cell phone, I'll see if I can get them from him. He tried recording some vids of Romeo soloing too, but I don't think they turned out very good.

btw, how many hours did you drive for that show? I see your location says Montana, that must have been pretty far. Me and my friend drove from southern Oregon. It was about a 7-8 hour drive in including all the traffic.

Yes, the EoE singer's cleavage was indeed fantastic. :D I agree about her vox, too.

It was about a seven hour drive for us (I drove and my two friends went along), so not too bad. That was my first time driving in big city traffic (I'm only 17), so it was quite the experience.

')