Just got EZ Drummer, help me decide on expansion.

• Thread starter Lach Rae Dawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Metal! Comes with the Metal! midis, Metal Machine with Metal Machine midis and so on. The only reason one would buy the midi packs would be if they wanted the beats that come with the expansion without buying the expansion. (ie: if you want to use the grooves from "Metal!" with any other product, like Superior.)

I have all three. "Metal Machine" is definitely my favorite, but I'm warming up to "Metal!" as well. (both are pretty great) Metalheads is ok, but the snares/kicks sound like shit to me. The kicks are especially flappy and plastic sounding. If I had to pick one to keep, it'd probably be Metal Machine, but Metal! is really close behind it. (I'd say I probably use them both pretty much equally.)

edit: Also, yes, you can mouse click in notes with EZdrummer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Yeah my sister is getting me a gift. Depending on price, and time...

Metal Machine exp (if still on sale) is my top choice.

If not I will just get her to get me the Extreme death & thrash midi pack.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
So if I buy ezdrummer from streetwater will I have to pay for an expansion too?

No it comes with "a" default rock/pop "expansion."
Which also has a few different kits, and midi loops in it.
Honestly doesn't sound too bad either.

Everything else is extra.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
No let me confirm that EZ Drummer can be used with a piano roll. I just did this in FLS 11. It just has the added option of Midi packs that can help you in a pinch, inspire you or whatever.

But it is all still very much programmable with the piano roll of your DAW.

Sounds pretty damn good for the price I might add, just by loading the kits up.:metal:

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Just bought the EZ/MM bundle a bit ago. :D All the sound samples I've heard definitely sound like it's great straight out of the box.

')