Just got mah price quote on my upcoming halo 8!

• Thread starter MF_Kitten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
this is insane! :D it´s a 28" scale Fallen Angel, with EMG 808´s, fixed bridge, trans. red finish... and the final price, you ask? 5000$? 3000$? no such thing! it´s 1449$!!! and that´s WITH the added shipping to norway!

of course, it´s not a 100% custom, it´s just got my altered specs, which is why it doesen´t have the price of a luthier´s hand-work... i´ll be getting that when i go pro (it will happen, it just will! :p)

i have no money right now, but when i get them, this is it... i´m gunna pull the trigger! :D

i´m so fucking stoked it´s unbelivable... seriously!!! :p

look forwards to pics of an 8 string fallen angel from me some day :p

and it´s 28" scale, which is just what i´ve wanted all along! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
Holy crap Halo guitars are ugly.

I keep trying to get into them and I occasionally check the website but I just think they're so damn ugly. lol

Good for you though man! That's a really good price I look forward to seeing pics. :)

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
Holy crap Halo guitars are ugly.

I keep trying to get into them and I occasionally check the website but I just think they're so damn ugly. lol

Good for you though man! That's a really good price I look forward to seeing pics. :)

I fully agree man, there are ugly as sin... N2m there blatent rip off of other guitar shapes, i was soo choked when i saw the horrible razorback rip off:fawk: ... I was originally like sweet they make cheap 8's then the more i looked at them i was like eww..:ugh:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, you can always tell them what shape you want. I got a quote on a carved top RG shape, and it was very reasonable. Waylon (the owner of Halo) is also cool and posts here quite a bit :lol: I'm sure he can take the criticism though.

BryanBuss

Reaction score
well yeah they make guitars that attract a more metal or gothic audience. but they can make close to whatever you want.

i hope your guitar works out well man.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
and i´ve since completely changed my mind on what i want on this baby... specs-wise... and even body-shape wise... i have a whole lot of suggestions now, as to exactly how i want it :p

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
he didnt email me back or pm me (2weeks). and ive seen some horrid picstories of halos on here in the past.. I dunno, im still tempted but doesnt seem like great communication.. sounds like another Chris woods, except the work doesnt always turn out gorgous like CWs' does

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
That was a fiasco with his imports and the scratch and dent sale. I've never heard anything bad about his custom stuff.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
he didnt email me back or pm me (2weeks). and ive seen some horrid picstories of halos on here in the past.. I dunno, im still tempted but doesnt seem like great communication.. sounds like another Chris woods, except the work doesnt always turn out gorgous like CWs' does

Ok, there have been three Halo guitars on here that had problems, and Waylon, when contacted, resolved the issues with them. Also they were not custom shop guitars. I've also never had a problem contacting him via email, pm or phone. I've got things on order from both of them, and communication with Waylon has been 1000x better than with Christopher Woods.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
when i emailed and PMed him, i got almost instant response...

customshop@haloguitars.com for info about guitars, and getting a quote and such

wford@haloguitars.com this is W4D´s direct email

so yeah... i have talked to him and nagged his head off about my custom 8 string, yet i´m not buying it yet (no money), so sorry, W4D, if you felt that it was all empty talk, but i am COMMITTED to this one, dammit! :p

my new ideas:
1 single Dimarzio 1 MEG volume pot
1 Lundgren M8 in the bridge
rght above the lundgren, maybe that 5 string passive EMG pickup that people talked about... (probably not though, i ain rich :p)
and finally, a Q-tuner in the bridge

also, i have ideas for a 24th fret inlay, and i think i want that one 10-string body design that he posted... which woods i´ll want for it isn´t quite decided yet, check mah other thread here if you wanna help me out...

so yeah... i might also go for some high ratio tuners... or is it low ratio?

like you turn a bunch of times to make it go one round?

either that or locking tuners... i´ve never had locking tuners... in what way do they lock? :p

also, stainless steel frets... either jumbo or medium-jumbo...

30" scale

that Jeff Loomis signature-type red satin finish...

yeah, i´m all tired now... so yeah, it´s gunna be gorgeous, is what i´m saying :p

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's high ratio... turns of the key:turns of the shaft, typically x:1 so the higher x is the more turns of the key to turn the string shaft.

Locking tuners you feed the string through the shaft, then turn a thumb screw that locks the string into the shaft. That way you don't have to wind the string around the shaft to hold it in place, and it can't slip.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
ah, cool...

also, i do know the turns of knob VS turns of string ratio, but i had no idea if that would be low or high ratio :p

also, i thought about those 40:1 ratio tuners... might be a tad overkill, but i am a maniac when it comes to tuning just right...

maybe a little lower, like 30:1 or 35:1 ? :p

Scarpie

Reaction score
ah, cool...

also, i do know the turns of knob VS turns of string ratio, but i had no idea if that would be low or high ratio :p

also, i thought about those 40:1 ratio tuners... might be a tad overkill, but i am a maniac when it comes to tuning just right...

dude not for nothing, but time is money. and you having no money have taken alot of time with these questions. :nono: in the end business is business. and one has to protect their biggest investment when they are in business for themselves and that investment is TIME my friend.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
maybe ill try emailing him in like a month when I will actually have money to go ahead with something if he seems repuatible.. right now im working with CW.. but anyways, its just kinda dissapointing he doesnt even reply back to everyone at his direct email or on pms here =/

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score

In compact tuners, you only have a few options for tuner gear ratios. Most are 14:1 or 15:1, or 16:1, but Schallers go up to 18:1. After that, there are pretty much no options until you get to the Steinberger gearless tuners or LSR tuners, which are both 40:1. You can't just arbitrarily choose a gear ratio in between. :)

I have Schallers on my JP7 and they're quite accurate, especially when you're using a good tuner like a Strobostomp.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
dude not for nothing, but time is money. and you having no money have taken alot of time with these questions. :nono: in the end business is business. and one has to protect their biggest investment when they are in business for themselves and that investment is TIME my friend.

BUT he won´t have to use that time with me now that i´ve figured it out beforehand... so we save all that time that would have otherwise been spent before i bought the thing...

so now i´ve gotten help, and know what i want, and so when i order, i won´t spend that time then...

so it´s not wasting time, it´s just spending it earlier! :D

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
All my BH needed was a proper set up.

The communication I had with Waylon was excellent; he was polite and easy going on the phone. I look forward to seeing the Octavias and Strat(s) built for the member(s) here. I'm guessing they'll slay :metal:

Also keep in mind that NAMM Summer session was last week end, so I assume that kept him busy.

')