Just got new picks

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I just bought a couple Ultex .60's, and HOLY SHIT! These things are the best I've ever used.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Reaction score
No camera mang.

Honestly, I thought .60 would be too small (I use anything between .88 and 1.4), but they feel very nice. The ultex material is pretty dense. They feel more like a .73 or .88. They have a real bright tone, too, which I love.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
No camera mang.

Honestly, I thought .60 would be too small (I use anything between .88 and 1.4), but they feel very nice. The ultex material is pretty dense. They feel more like a .73 or .88. They have a real bright tone, too, which I love.

Interesting. Are the ultex like the Jazz? Sharp point? I love a .88, got a sample from In Tune and I will be placing an order soon for their GrppX-XJ

ittoa666

Reaction score
Interesting. Are the ultex like the Jazz? Sharp point? I love a .88, got a sample from In Tune and I will be placing an order soon for their GrppX-XJ

UltexStandard73-11.png

They're a cloudy yellowish clear color. I have yet to try an in tune pick, but they look very nice and have a bajillion options.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I've been using ultex .73 for ages, you can also get ultex jazz iii's and ultex sharps

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to find some sharps when I can.

It might throw you off at first. There's an added brightness and clarity that really turned me off for the first hour or so. I later realized my distaste was due to the fact that my mistakes were way more prevalent while using the sharps. It gave me that extra push to tighten up my alternate picking skills. Let us know what you think when you get your hands on some.

My only gripe with these picks is that they're super hard to find if you drop them. I learned that adding a dot of glow in the dark nail polish on each pick makes life a lot easier.

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
Ultex jazz picks are the best picks I've ever tried, problem is there is only one place in town to buy them.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Sharps making pinching and triple picking sooo much easier. More precise too.

Also, I've NEVER dropped a sharp.

ittoa666

Reaction score
The sharps are sounding better and better. I really need to get some. $3 for six on musicians enemy.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
My only gripe with these picks is that they're super hard to find if you drop them. I learned that adding a dot of glow in the dark nail polish on each pick makes life a lot easier.
best idea I've heard in ages, gonna do that tonight! thanks man

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score

and for some odd reason you have this on tap why?:scratch:

crush_taylor

Reaction score
and for some odd reason you have this on tap why?:scratch:
Pray it's for a missus of some sorts, and not for himself... an interesting idea though. Also, damn this thread, I just found out about Jazz III's (yes I've been living under a rock) and can't use anything else, now I find out I need to order a few more types of picks for testing... (there needs to be a *shakes fist at sky* emoticon....)

edsped

Reaction score
I LOVE the Ultex Sharps. I tried the standard Ultex's when they were released and liked the feel but I just don't like rounded tips. Then I tried the Ultex Jazz IIIs but they lacked the nice snap I got with the regular Ultex's. Then last year I decided on a whim to see if they made Ultex Sharps and they did! I just love the texture, feels really good in the hand and has a nice scratchy pick attack.

ittoa666

Reaction score
Update!

I picked up some of the sharps and oh my god are they awesome. So much definition and bright goodness. Best pick ever.

Also, got some large black jazz III's and some ultax jazz.

Mr_Nugglet

Reaction score
Screw all this fancy stuff

I'm gunna stick to my 25cent quarter.

Latest posts

')