Just got Symphony X's Paradise Lost!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murder Soul

Reaction score
I'm downloading it now. The digi pack looks sweet, but I don't have money to buy music, and downloading is mo convenient.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm downloading it now. The digi pack looks sweet, but I don't have money to buy music, and downloading is mo convenient.

So you think you should just get it for free since you "don't have money to buy music"?

Disclosure: I freely admit I had the leak of this, but I bought it Tuesday, like I do with everything I download and keep.

NemesisTheory

Reaction score
I haven't liked Symphony X much up until this one. It's killer. The graphics are also awesome. I encourage everyone to go to the website and check out the large image of the album cover. Hopefully they will post the other pics from the booklet too. The images remind me of Wayne Barlowe's Inferno paintings. Just wicked.

Krunch

Krunch SMASH
Reaction score
I got my copy in today.

This is a fantastic album. Like, really good. Romeo is my hero. Just constant badass riffage.

And :yesway: to the packaging. I love it when bands go that extra distance with CD packaging.

Thomas

Stranger
Reaction score
I've been listening to this for two days now, and although I like it, it will take a while before I'm fully adapted to the feel of this album and the vocals, which are somewhat different than what I'm used to. Overall the album sounds massive compared to the stuff I have on my playlist right right now. My favorite song so far is the title track - amazing stuff.

Very refreshing release after the Systematic Chaos disappointment. :agreed:

Wiz

Reaction score
Got it this morning, listening to it right now for the first time :hbang:

Murder Soul

Reaction score
So you think you should just get it for free since you "don't have money to buy music"?

Disclosure: I freely admit I had the leak of this, but I bought it Tuesday, like I do with everything I download and keep.

Yes. I download everything.

This album was alright.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I just got it yesterday. I loved it, but then, I'm a big fan.

Thought it was funny how the only song that isn't really dark is the title track.

jakeskylyr

Reaction score
I've been listening to/been blown away by this album for about the past month and a half. When I first heard the song they posted on the myspace page ("The Serpent's Kiss") I wasn't all that impressed with it as a standalone track. Partly it was the mix/production (which I knew MySpace wasn't a great point of reference for) and partly because I was thinking it was a 5 year wait...for THIS? It just didn't have that "Holy Crap!!!" vibe to me.

Now, once I heard the album and heard that song in context, not to mention to hear the awesome production, I DID have that "Holy Crap!!!" feeling. After "Set The World On Fire" and "Domination", which are two totally high energy tracks, the more laid back groove of "The Serpent's Kiss" fits perfectly. I still think 5 years was too long to wait for this album, but at least it's a totally amazing album. Then again I'm almost as much of a Symphony X whore as I am a Dream Theater whore, and I love everything Sir Romeo and company do. That being said, this is probably my 2nd favorite SyX album behind Divine Wings, and it's a close 2nd.

(And yes despite Dream Theater whore-dom, I like this album WAY more than Systematic Chaos.)

Wiz

Reaction score
Man I love the album. The first songs are so aggressive and just powerful-sounding that they make me feel like starting a massive mosh pit at the office.

Luckily Michael still has his electric tone which I love him for, except for it's a bit more modern sounding now which is definitely a pleasant change. Both he and Russel did a great job, once again (the others were great too but I don't exactly know much about bass/drums/keyboards :p ). I hear several DT / PoS references in some of their riffs which is pretty cool, yet you can always tell it's them playing.

I'm gonna go camp outside of Michael's home so I can ask for a blessing every morning he goes out to pick up the newspaper.

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
Anyone know what Michael Romeo used setup-wise for this album? Did he still use the Vetta II or whatever it was he used before? I was never too fond of his guitar tone on previous albums. It worked for he did but it never impressed me. His new tone though....:wub:

god9

Contributor
Reaction score
OH MY GOD...........I completely forgot this was coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying now.

EDIT:

Just had a listen....YUMMY!!

Set The World On Fire is definately a very aggressive song...me likes :)

The singer kind of has a Dio-vibe to him, no?

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know what Michael Romeo used setup-wise for this album? Did he still use the Vetta II or whatever it was he used before? I was never too fond of his guitar tone on previous albums. It worked for he did but it never impressed me. His new tone though....:wub:

-=Symphony X-Official Website=-

Looks like he has two Vettas, a JCM800 (2203?), and a Powerball in the studio, so it could be any combination of those. And he could have other amps, too.

')