Just help me understand

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Other than maybe financial, what reason on earth someone would return this guitar for?

110481b.jpg

This is probably the most figured piece of spalted maple that I have ever seen.
Someone should buy it already so we can see how it looks in daylight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
Silver hardware, ugly inlays, active pickups, 2/10 would not buy.

Honestly though, there's more to a guitar than just looks. Maybe it didn't have the sound/playability the buyer was looking for.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Yeah, either the chrome or the actives I'd think... maybe the floyd rose, I got rid of a guitar because it had a FR and I lived in absolute fear of breaking strings...

But yes, that top is outragious and I'm sure it won't sit at Carvin too long before someone snags it.

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
probably this.

apparently a locking nut isn't required when sperzel
locking tuners are equipped, but i have not tried this
for myself. i am also skeptical of this type of setup,
though carvin has been shipping instruments in such
a configuration for quite a while.

maybe one of the more carvin-centric mods can chime
in on weather or not this type of setup is as stable as
a conventional double locking system.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
Assuming it doesn't sound like a beer fart, i think it's sexy, i can't stand chrome hardware normally but i can live with it considering the rest of the aesthetic pros here. :yesway:

EDIT - on second glance, give me dark or light green pickup covers to add to the earthy tone/theme instead of plain black and i wouldn't think twice about the chrome TBH.

bcfox

Reaction score
It may not have been returned. Carvin makes a few here or there just to keep in stock. It may have been an experiment, or maybe they wanted to put it up as an example of what could be done. To pick some nits, it does state flame spalt which does cost more to order rather than regular spalt. There isn't much flame, as beautiful as the top is.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
how could someone not return it? Carvin just took some moldy old top that looks like it's about to fall apart and charged $400 for it!
:lol:

really though, probably the lack of a locking nut. or other things, you never know what could have gone wrong.

AimlessArrow

Reaction score
I sold my DC800 and I had it less than a month. Aesthetically it was all there, but I couldn't bond with it. I'm just not really that into Carvin 8's. I decided to try them out cause it was a semi custom 8 string for under 2 grand. There 6 strings are where it's at if you're going for a Carvin.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
It may not have been returned. Carvin makes a few here or there just to keep in stock. It may have been an experiment, or maybe they wanted to put it up as an example of what could be done. To pick some nits, it does state flame spalt which does cost more to order rather than regular spalt. There isn't much flame, as beautiful as the top is.

To be fair, a lot of times you can't see the flame from one picture from one angle.

That being said, that top would look awesome- on another guitar.

Latest posts

')