Just Hired Someone for Music Video. Legal thoughts?

Goatfork

Reaction score
I've been looking into making a music video for something off my latest EP for a while.

~~SHAMELESS PLUG HERE~~
Obsidian Depths EP | Nott

I finally found someone whose rates aren't through the roof, and I'm extremely excited because he's a YouTuber I've followed for years and a musician I respect. I'll leave his name out, because it's not really important to this post.

I'm going to write up a contract for his work on the music video, and I'm wondering if there's anything I should include or keep in mind. I've never done this before, but I know I need to establish the expected cost of everything, a list of expectations, and consequences if certain expectations aren't met.

What do you guys think? Any input?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've been looking into making a music video for something off my latest EP for a while.

~~SHAMELESS PLUG HERE~~
Obsidian Depths EP | Nott

I finally found someone whose rates aren't through the roof, and I'm extremely excited because he's a YouTuber I've followed for years and a musician I respect. I'll leave his name out, because it's not really important to this post.

I'm going to write up a contract for his work on the music video, and I'm wondering if there's anything I should include or keep in mind. I've never done this before, but I know I need to establish the expected cost of everything, a list of expectations, and consequences if certain expectations aren't met.

What do you guys think? Any input?

I've heard good things about this company:

Ark Music Factory - Get Discovered!

Goatfork

Reaction score
Erm. I've already found someone, thanks though. What I'm asking is if there's anything to be weary of when doing things like this.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Erm. I've already found someone, thanks though. What I'm asking is if there's anything to be weary of when doing things like this.

Thing to be wary of when doing any thing:

State regulations.

Shit can get specific, look it up and make sure you're working within it.

')