Just moved to Europe...

victor5464

voltron
Reaction score
i just moved to Spain and i was wondering about the power supply for my pedal board. It is still in the process of being shipped over here from the states so i havent tested this out but will i have to find a different one to match the voltage here? Or can i just use a converter? Would it be possible to get a new power cord? i have a gator g-bus 8.

i tried plugging in my xbox only to cause the circuit to trip and that kinda made me nervous about powering up all my pedals.:ugh:

thanks in advance :flame:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
European mains voltage runs at 240v 50hz, US voltage is 110v 60hz, so yeah you're gonna either need a conversion transformer if it's fixed lead/iec connector, or if it's gotta it's own power supply then you may be able to get hold of a Euro one.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
they usually sell some kind of transformer. but most likely just find a music shop and buy an adaptor. they all run on 9V but you need the wall wart to convert it right.

victor5464

voltron
Reaction score
European mains voltage runs at 240v 50hz, US voltage is 110v 60hz, so yeah you're gonna either need a conversion transformer if it's fixed lead/iec connector, or if it's gotta it's own power supply then you may be able to get hold of a Euro one.

would you happen to know where i could get a euro one?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Spain voltage is 220v 50Hz. For the pedals you just need a new power supply, for amps you need a conversion transformer. Ask at the stores and they should be able to order you one. If you want to know about music stores in Madrid, I can ask some friends.

Ah, y bienvenido :)

victor5464

voltron
Reaction score
Spain voltage is 220v 50Hz. For the pedals you just need a new power supply, for amps you need a conversion transformer. Ask at the stores and they should be able to order you one. If you want to know about music stores in Madrid, I can ask some friends.

Ah, y bienvenido :)

theres is a music store right down my street :flame:
ill be sure to head down there this week and ask for them.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
some, if not most, new power supplies can deal with both 110v/60hz and 220v/50hz. I mean the wall type ones like mobile phones use for example. just check what it says on the ps
Otherwise you can either get the power supply modified by an electrician, or get a transformer at an electronics store.

')