Just ordered a Randall T2!

• Thread starter The Breakdown
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
thanks man!

I will do a NAD thread.
Also my cabinet is, a 4x12 loaded with two V30s & two K100's in an xpattern!!!!!! \m/
perfect for this amp.

That's awesome!
Can't wait to here your opinions.

I've secretly wanted a T2HH for years.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's awesome!
Can't wait to here your opinions.

I've secretly wanted a T2HH for years.

Same. If I were to get another Randall hybrid again, it would be the T2HH. Supposed to be a standard T2, but brighter. The V2 and T2 variants are SUPER fucking dark. Had to crank and presence and treble on my V2 when I had it.

lewis

Reaction score
Same. If I were to get another Randall hybrid again, it would be the T2HH. Supposed to be a standard T2, but brighter. The V2 and T2 variants are SUPER fucking dark. Had to crank and presence and treble on my V2 when I had it.

ive heard this. Atm Im using an EMG 81 and want to switch to 57/66 set. But I might have to add some sort of EQ knob at source to brighten the guitar tone if the amp is that dark.
I love me some twang/treble too. Especially as I tune low.
Im going 4cable method with this amp so I can always add an eq in the effects loop and cuts/boost frequencies.

Also that Mid sweep knob looks interesting. Surely that could help with darkness?. Find a "twangy" mid and boost the hell out of it? haha

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
ive heard this. Atm Im using an EMG 81 and want to switch to 57/66 set. But I might have to add some sort of EQ knob at source to brighten the guitar tone if the amp is that dark.
I love me some twang/treble too. Especially as I tune low.
Im going 4cable method with this amp so I can always add an eq in the effects loop and cuts/boost frequencies.

Also that Mid sweep knob looks interesting. Surely that could help with darkness?. Find a "twangy" mid and boost the hell out of it? haha

You might need more post-EQing than pre-EQing. The amp can get pretty twangy, but the amp itself sounds like it already has a heavy LPF. Like there's no high-end fizz or anything like a Recto or 5150.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember what I had for a setup when I had mine. I believe that I had an Ibanez TS7 that I ran in front of it but when you engage the onboard "boost" button, it sounded exactly the same, so I ditched it. Apart from that, I seem to recall that I had a BBE Sonic Maximizer in the loop for a bit but I may have only used it a couple of times & then gotten rid of it, I can't really remember. Looking at an old picture of it though, it looks as though I had the presence & treble set at about 1 o'clock and the density was closer to 9 o'clock. The other guitarist at the time had a Mesa Dual Rec and they did work together quite well. It's just that after a while we ended up parting ways with our bass player and the rest of the band figured it'd just be easier for me to switch to bass (I had originally started out on bass with the band but later switched to guitar) than to try and track down a new bass player ( we auditioned 2 or 3 and they didn't work out).

Suffice it to say I kinda wish I still had it but being a 'bedroom' player now, I really don't need a 300 watt amp head... :cool:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, ancient thread indeed.
I played one of these last year when I was on tour using the amp the guitarist in the band that played before our band let me use.
Damnnnnn it sounded good, enough so that I would have been happy to owned one instead of the 6505+ I used too have.
It's a shame they didn't last that long, because I feel if there were more amps like these, analog SS guitar amps would have a better reputation because they prove that the overall circuit/design is way more critical than whether a bunch of glowing objects reside in the power section or not

Hayd

Reaction score
Bad ass. I want to hear your thoughts when you get the head.

lewis

Reaction score
Wow, ancient thread indeed.
I played one of these last year when I was on tour using the amp the guitarist in the band that played before our band let me use.
Damnnnnn it sounded good, enough so that I would have been happy to owned one instead of the 6505+ I used too have.
It's a shame they didn't last that long, because I feel if there were more amps like these, analog SS guitar amps would have a better reputation because they prove that the overall circuit/design is way more critical than whether a bunch of glowing objects reside in the power section or not
similar experience to me although I never played through one.

Years ago my first band, and another great metal band from the same area were breaking out at the same time as each other including both of us playing Bloodstock Festival in the UK. 10,000 festival

anyway, at the time my band had a Laney Ironheart 120watt dual setup and or my Blackstar ID100 pairing the other Laney depending on the show.

Their band had dual T2's and Daaaaaaaamn the guitar tone always, always pissed on ours and anyone else on the same card. It was just so so good. It was through the matching Rabdall Cabs too.

lewis

Reaction score
Amp arrived today already.
Annoyingly the first time I get to try it through any cab will be sunday the 5th. So I have an frustrating wait until then haha

but it powers on, and the midi footswitch works. So delivery hurdle overcome.

I will do a NAD thread anytime after Sunday when its all setup.

EDIT: It looks badass and the fan inside keeps things lovely and cold.

Im already thinking some sort of Green LED glow inside mod.

lewis

Reaction score
for anyone interested, I heard back from the friend who was also selling his T2 cheaper because of some intermittent problems.

He had it looked at and has confirmed that the transformer is the culprit and needs completely replacing, as well as a re-tube and a clean up, and to replace a missing bass knob.

all in all alot of work and Im glad I took the advice in here to avoid it and pay more for a better one.

Cheers all!. Avoided a lemon
(He still offered it to me for £100 but I passed)

')