Just ordered a Randall T2!

• Thread starter The Breakdown
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
post some pics when you get it man!

thedownside

Reaction score
my other guitar player from my band has one, (on here'spinedriver, hopefully he'll pop in). awesome amp! just be careful of the density knob, a little goes a long way :D what cab are you going to be running it threw?

thedownside

Reaction score
I have a few options:
1x 300 watt 4x12 w/ Celestion Vintage 30's

2 x 1200 watt 4x12(18" deep)w/ Eminence Delta Pro 12's

1 x 550 watt 4x12(18" deep) w/ Eminence Texas Heat, Wizards in "X" patternBoth the cabinets with the eminence delta's are like an earthquake. I can't imagine what it will be with the T2. I'll probably do 1 cab of the delta pro's and the other cabinet my eminence "x" pattern cab. It breaks up real nice.

The cab's are 27x27x18.

My Pedal setup I have a BBE Sonic Stomp, BBE Boosta Grande, highly modded ts7, Rocktron Hush, Korg Pitchblack, and a Radial Dragster. I might not even need half that with the T2...or mabye it will just be rediculous.

i'd use the hush for sure (they are noisey bastards of an amp with the boost on) and likely just the sonic stomp (mildly at that). you can try the different boosts/od's you've got, but so far on my band mates, any pedal boost just results in allot of noise and horrid feedback.

cosmicamnesia

Reaction score
im gonna have to second what thedownside said...they t2 and v2 are definitely noisy as hell....also, what the treble on your clean channel, it starts to make everything sound overly twangy if its too high

**watch the treble

ClassicAxe

Reaction score
Not sure if you have heard of A Different Breed of Killer, but they came down here a while back and one of the guitarist used a T2 or a V2(cant remember which) with 2 V30 loaded cabs. Great tone, really tight.

The other guitarist was using an MTS i believe, not sure which modules, and i preffered the T2 too it.

Congrats on the new amp. Sorry i am not of any help as far as tips or tricks with the amp.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
nice! im a big fan of this amp.
brother_mack is a user here that owns one, if you wanna pm him

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I am said owner that 'thedownside' respectfully referred to.. :cool:

Yeah, you can try a few of your boosts and see how they work out but when I tried my TS7, it ended up sounding exactly like the 'boost' channel so I decided to just leave it out. A noise gate is definitely a must because there will be feedback and/or hiss if you crank up the gain.

I run it through an older Marshall 1960A cab w/G12T-75's and it has bass for days. I'm thinking maybe once I get some money to blow, I might try putting a couple of V30's in there and see how it works. Otherwise, the thing has bass for days and like I said in previous posts, in the past I haven't been the biggest fan of the 'Randall tone' in the past, the T2 is a whole new breed.

Enjoy the new monster and be sure to post up your thoughts once you get a chance to put it through it's paces. :metal:

The Breakdown

Sean What I Adore
Reaction score
So I got my T2...and spent the day tweaking....

HOLY SH**!!

....are you serious?

Sickest amphead I've played on, and I've played on ALOT!

Randall Endorsed me, but I hadn't even played on this head before I ordered it...

I was a little nervous...I've never done that before, but it couldnt hurt..If I didnt like it i'd just send it back...

I'll record some sounds direct from the amp (what a kickass feature) here soon, so you all can hear. I dont like the sound bytes options Randall has on their website.

I play guitar for Kill What I Adore.

Kill What I Adore

No Randall T2 on there...but I did use a Bogner Ecstacy quite a bit on the tracks. Can't wait till I can use this for the next album

ClassicAxe

Reaction score
^ Off topic but my band got a comment from you guys the other day haha. Small world.

My band is in my signature.

Maybe you guys can come down here and play a show with us some time.

Hayd

Reaction score
Ancient old thread but I just picked up a Randall T2 the 400w head 2 days ago. I'm pretty impressed it actually sounds very well at low bedroom Volume. I like some suggestions on amp settings pedals and other things that I can do with this amp. I have it paired up with the oversized Mesa 4x12

Bearitone

Reaction score
I can't help you there but how does the power amp sound? Does the "density" knob behave like a resonance knob?

lewis

Reaction score
Omg swall world. Im literally in talks to buy an old mates T2 as we speak.
He is saying though that his cuts out and comes back every now and again which is off putting. Will that just be needing new tubes?.
Or are we talking more worringly like the transformer or somethig?.
Intermittant signal he said.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Omg swall world. Im literally in talks to buy an old mates T2 as we speak.
He is saying though that his cuts out and comes back every now and again which is off putting. Will that just be needing new tubes?.
Or are we talking more worringly like the transformer or somethig?.
Intermittant signal he said.

I'm thinking it might be the transformer because the T2 only has 4 pre-amp tubes in it and the power section is all solid state. I'm not sure that if one of those tubes were bad that it would cause the sound to cut out like that.

lewis

Reaction score
I'm thinking it might be the transformer because the T2 only has 4 pre-amp tubes in it and the power section is all solid state. I'm not sure that if one of those tubes were bad that it would cause the sound to cut out like that.
Right so inthat case, how do you repair that?
Haha and is it too expensive to bother with?

')