Just ordered my first ERG - Agile 8 string Pro!! :)

• Thread starter Riffmagus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffmagus

Reaction score
The order has been placed!

Bloodburst Pro 828 model and Case...just got to play the waiting game now - dammit.

Plumped for EMG's and neck-through as not had either before - all my old guitars are passive's with set or bolt-on necks.

I know EMG's don't get too much love around here, but users such as Chimp Spanner get an awesome tone from them on the POD X3. And with many of my favourite albums having EMG's (Burn My Eyes , The Gathering - I'm looking at you) I thought why the hell not.

One question before the beast arrives - does anyone know if the models now ship with the string guage shown on the web-page - Eg - 9-72? I did hear people were getting models with the low F only a .60 or so. Just curious!

Got serious GAS for this now, simply cannot wait!! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
congrats!! and i'm not sure if they are coming with the correct string gauge for the 8th string. all i can tell you is that mine absolutely did not have a 72. it couldn't have been much more than a 62 or 64. i'm using a 76 on it now and it feels great. still a tiny bit flubby, but a huge improvement

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Awesome dude! I am playing the waiting game as well my friend, January will be a splendid time of year!

By the way that avatar is pretty sick dude!

RG7

Reaction score
Sweet man, don't forget pics.
And when you get it can you mention how its like having only a single pickup?
Thanks.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Can't wait for the pics. And yeah, my pro showed up with what looked like a .60 gauge for both the 7th and 8th strings so I'd have some replacements ready... :lol:

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Mine's in the October run!

Did you get the Ebony FB or the Maple one?

Riffmagus

Reaction score
Well, 1/2 hour after placing the order it's ready to ship! Also, I went to the Rondo Site to show my buddy some pics and Bloodburst has gone for Southpaw's - so I must have nabbed the last one!

Anyone know if this will be the second run of 8's or later?

*on the case for strings - will try GAK today*

Riffmagus

Reaction score
Result!
Got an email from Kurt, advising that the model in question when inspected is actually a Dual Pro model - with the Cepheus Pickups.

He's more than happy to let me have it at the same price as the single EMG Pro - so I snapped it up. Am more than happy with this. The Rondo service is very prompt and impressive so far.

Managed to secure some strings (.54 and .72) from GAK today - so all sorted.

')