Just picked up a Bugera 6260 head

• Thread starter Collapse
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
the 6262 and 333XL looks tempting :)
So far most of the failings I've read about appear to be with the electrolytic caps. I bet Behringer will figure this out and pay like 3 cents more per head and get better caps to save on return costs.

HeavyMetal4Ever

Reaction score
Anyway, I'd be more than happy to take the risk if the store I buy from has a good return policy, not much to lose really, apart from a bit of time.

That's why I tried one, and to be honest, it sounded good while it lasted. When I bought it, I A/B'd it with a JSX, a 6505 and a Mesa Express among others. Imho the JSX was the best, but for the price, the Bugera stuff is bound to grab a few converts. I just hope they work on their reliability.

Rock on!

Collapse

Reaction score
here are a couple of pics, also picked up the Ibanez at the same time. I am running the head through a carvin and a marshall 4x12 right now but will be ordering a vader 4x12 soon
100_0706bu.jpg

100_0709.jpg

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
wow that even LOOKS like 5150 control set up, if you flip it upside down (or use the combo version)

DeathShred1

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a Bugera but hearing about people having problems with them is very discouraging. They look good maybe sound good but break down too much. If this is true then why do they advertise their amps that they have high quality componets?

Reaction score
Just because something has good components, doesn't mean it's put together right. I think everyone is forgetting that in the "golden age"(60s-80s) of tube amps , many of the amps where DOA to the customer. This was a very common occurrence. So don't think this is a problem isolated to Bugera. They are are under the microscope and have many people wanting them to fail to have something to say like "told you so, shoulda bought quality" or "you get what you pay for" to justify their own extravagant purchases. China will figure it out, they always do with these kind of things.

Ext789

Reaction score
I've tried one before and I was surprised at how good it sounded for how much it costed. I think you're getting a bit more than you pay for just based on the sound but i don't know how they hold up to gigging.

DeathShred1

Reaction score
Just because something has good components, doesn't mean it's put together right. I think everyone is forgetting that in the "golden age"(60s-80s) of tube amps , many of the amps where DOA to the customer. This was a very common occurrence. So don't think this is a problem isolated to Bugera. They are are under the microscope and have many people wanting them to fail to have something to say like "told you so, shoulda bought quality" or "you get what you pay for" to justify their own extravagant purchases. China will figure it out, they always do with these kind of things.

Thats true. I have also have heard people say the quality sucks with plastic knobs and such. Hey to me that doesnt matter. The Peavey 5150s have plastic knobs as well as many other so called quality amps. I might just have to take a chance and get one. Or should I get a Engl FireBall?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Any chance we can hear some clips of the Bugera?

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats true. I have also have heard people say the quality sucks with plastic knobs and such. Hey to me that doesnt matter. The Peavey 5150s have plastic knobs as well as many other so called quality amps. I might just have to take a chance and get one. Or should I get a Engl FireBall?

It's not the knobs most people are complaining about, it's the fact pots are mounted on a PCB, which WILL break. It's a very bad design choice but it's certainly cheaper than wires...

Reaction score
It's not the knobs most people are complaining about, it's the fact pots are mounted on a PCB, which WILL break. It's a very bad design choice but it's certainly cheaper than wires...

PC board mounting can be good, if the boards are made right, and most are these days. Due to the rise of computer production, pc boards are made out of really tough meterial. The problem is when any of the pots, switches or knobs fail, or the wave soldering takes a shit. Then in most cases you need a whole new board. It is very rare that the actual board fails, technically.

')