Just placed an order at drumcity for a schecter 007 blackjack

• Thread starter Krypteia713
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

j7899

Reaction score
Looks like I placed an order right before you, so you did get the last one. If I knew he had SIT's I would have gotten them put on. I received my 007 Blackjack today and can confirm it is no longer offered, it is NOT in Schecter's 2006 product catalog. I am not sure what to think of the guitar yet, I need to tweak my amp settings for it. One thing that is really bothering me is how poorly the strings align with the neck pickup, is this common with 7-string guitars? There is a link to what I am talking about below. I emailed Jason at DCGL about it with a picture, if it isn't normal, which I do not think it is the guitar is going back.

I do not have enough posts to link to a site, so hopefully the displaced h allows me to post the link to the misaligned neck pickup/strings.

h ttp://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict000384pd.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Duncan made them a bit farther spaced in the neck position just incase... it won't affect the tone though.

Put it this way... is the pickup route itself misaligned? Are the sides equidistant from the neck? Are the strings centered on the fretboard?

If all that checks out fine, it was Duncan's fuckup, not Schecters ;).

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I solved my problem by putting an Air Norton 7 in the neck ;D

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
So since you have the new catalog already can you tell me if there is a C-7 Hellraiser with a floyd rose in it?

Battle-axe

Reaction score
bracky said:
So since you have the new catalog already can you tell me if there is a C-7 Hellraiser with a floyd rose in it?

:agreed: I'm sure we'd all be interested in the new line-up. Congrats on the guitar, i love those blackjacks! :hbang: It sucks that they discontinued the 00s. :noplease: I wonder why they did it :scratch:, it surely is a great body shape!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
j7899 said:
Looks like I placed an order right before you, so you did get the last one. If I knew he had SIT's I would have gotten them put on. I received my 007 Blackjack today and can confirm it is no longer offered, it is NOT in Schecter's 2006 product catalog. I am not sure what to think of the guitar yet, I need to tweak my amp settings for it. One thing that is really bothering me is how poorly the strings align with the neck pickup, is this common with 7-string guitars? There is a link to what I am talking about below. I emailed Jason at DCGL about it with a picture, if it isn't normal, which I do not think it is the guitar is going back.

I do not have enough posts to link to a site, so hopefully the displaced h allows me to post the link to the misaligned neck pickup/strings.

h ttp://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict000384pd.jpg

I'd say check your bridge. Are the strings in the groove? Because look how far off the low B is from the edge. I have 3 7's, 2 with floating bridges, and one with TOM, and none of them have the strings that far from the edge. It's not a common issue with 7's, or with Schecters. If there was a problem like this we probably would have heard of it by now.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's definitely something goofy going on there - the Jazz neck PU on my Jackson aligns quite well, actually - it looks like the bridge on that guitar might be out of alignment, or the neck PU rout/ring is wrong...

j7899

Reaction score
bracky said:

Only a C-1 Hell raiser with the floyd, no new C-7. As for the pickups I emailed Jason at DCGL, I think the bridge posts were drilled incorrectly :(.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
http://nooobreak.ytmnd.com/

"The Blackjack 007 was discontinued, but we still offer several other 7-string models!"

Today (the 27th) I recieved this mail:
"No, we sold out of them. We just thinned the line a bit. The Blackjack C-7 has the exact same specs, just a slightly different body shape."

I hate enthusiastic sales people.

And it is definately not a slightly different body shape.

')