Just placed an order on a Carvin DC727... here are the specs

• Thread starter Clydefrog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Carvin is an american-based company. It's going to be quite cheaper for us to order than it is someone outside the country.

Yep, that's exactly why your prices are so much higher. :agreed: Non-US orders are WAY pricier since Carvin is based in the US and they have International distributors, the only way you're going to get the lower price is if you have a good buddy in the states who would order/receive/ship to you from here, otherwise you're stuck with the distributor prices.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Today is the date that I was given for the completion. Due to an address mixup I never received the postcard.

I was just wondering from people who have ordered from Carvin before, how long is the turnaround from completion to shipment? Will I be notified by phone or email?

Thanks

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Address mixup? I hope they didn't send it somewhere else.
mine was 3 day late form promised delivery date so they were pretty much right on with mine.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
When I ordered mine there were some issues with the wire transfer, so they finished the guitar, and about 10-11 days passed until they received the money. Once I got confirmation that they had successfully received the money, I was told that shipping from San Diego to Madrid (literally all across the globe) would take about 7 days. It actually took about 3-4 days for shipping, so yours should be relatively fast.

I believe that depending on what time of the day the instrument is completed, it should ship either the same day, or the next morning... I'm extrapolating based on the fact that when you order from their in-stock instruments, if you order before a certain time (11:00 am, I believe) your order is shipped the same day. After that time, your order is shipped the next morning.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
The postcard is estimated completion date, nothing more, and definitely not 'promised completion'. Either way just give them a call.

They also have a bad habit of expecting UPS to contact you with an email or call on shipping and not doing it themselves. Might work in the US, but in Canada I have had my C66 ninja deliverred and had called about my LB75 and ended up recieving a tracking number.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Gave Carvin a call, my salesrep was out until monday. Apparently they're a few days behind schedule (tax refunds probably boosted their sales a bit, eh?), so I'll have an update on monday as to the status of my guitar.

Sorry guys, no NGD with glorious pictures yet :(

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Well congrats dude. I was very close to the purchase of a Carvin. Perhaps in the future... I hear slick things about them.

All in all, the 5-piece wouldn't have been a total waste even if you couldn't see it. It does add strength and stability to the instrument. But yeah, the stripes will definitely be hotter, and that fast tung-oiled feel is going to make you go bananas (Thank God for Gwen Stefani - I never have to think to hard to spell bananas). Rock on duder! Waiting for the pics!

')