Just saw Periphery!

evilmnky204

Reaction score
holy fuck, what an intense show. everyone was spot on, all the solos were perfect, every note in perfect time, jesus christ. and let me say, zyglrox, totla mad, and insomnia are fucking IMMENSE with vocals. and misha, if you remember me, im the guy who got pushed over your pedal board twice and kept asking about your blackmachine :hbang:i also had the periphery shirt with the dragon. fuck, one of my favorite shows ever. sucks that matt's thumb is fucked, hope it gets better though. still though, when they came up and i heard the opening chord to insomnia, i had this huge WTF on my face.

this or the apocalypse was fucking insane as well, awesome band, lots of energy there. same with mutiny within, i want their guitarists 1527 badly! not as bad as i want that fucking blackmachinethough..

anyways, to make you guys even more jealous, the venue was pretty small, so i got to stand a mere couple of feet in front of misha. he seriously is an insane dude, the taps in 'letter experiment', and the tapping in 'the walk'... just enough said.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

evilmnky204

Reaction score
i couldn't take any videos, the only thing i had was my cell phone, and the lights were turned off when they played, so the videos wouldn't turn out too well.

evilmnky204

Reaction score
sorry to say, but matt's thumb was pretty fucked at the show and i don't think they're playing their next couple of dates, at least not tomorrow for sure..

and yes, totla mad. with vocals. epic as FUCK.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
I'm sure they're awesome live. I've watched a couple of their live videos and they look tight as hell. I WANT PERIPHERY IN INDIA!

bulb

Reaction score
ah dude, of course i remember you, i feel like i saw the guy who pushed you both times and i definitely glared at him whilst playing to let him know i was not happy about that, its one thing to mosh, its another to fuck with people, but whatever.
glad you enjoyed the show, i couldnt really hear the kick drums so i felt like i played sloppy, but thanks for rockin out with me, that always makes it a fun show even if its not a tight one haha!
yeah unfortunately we cant play the holyoke show, and we are really sorry about that, but we almost cancelled this very show as well due to matts thumb.
hes been playing with a split thumb all week and had been a good sport about it (especially considering that he still played the sets great and hit as hard as usual)but every day it was just splitting open worse and worse and that night his hand was in so much pain he couldnt even sleep and he wasnt even sure he could make it through 4 songs.
he agreed to try to get through 6 songs that night so long as we could cancel the show tomorrow so he could rest his hand and let it heal, and so thats what we did.
once again i apologize, we absolutely hate cancelling shows!

evilmnky204

Reaction score
just curious, is matt going to have to get stitches on his thumb? when i saw it, it looked pretty torn up, hope it gets better soon regardless.

')