Just scored a cheap RG1527Z! But...

• Thread starter st0rmrider
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

st0rmrider

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just picked up an Ibanez Prestige RG1527Z for $400!!! - the one in the royal blue colour. It was so cheap because of a fail Jim Dunlop flush mount installation. The guitar is mint other than that!
The strap button still fits in nice and snug and the screw does it's job holding securely in place, it's just cosmetic, but I don't know if I should try and fix it or not? Thoughts???

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
Personally I'd fix it, just because I wouldn't trust it to hold long term. Plus it's not that hard of a fix with a little know how and some elbow grease.

rekab

Reaction score
Easy fix with some wood dust and glue. Might as well fix it considering it'll likely only take you maybe an hour. If you're going to repaint as well that's a different story

BeeG

Reaction score
Definitely fix it as soon as you can as you might be playing one day and and it suddenly slams into the ground, headstock first. Very no beuno, but pretty easy fix to prevent that!

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't trust it with a strap. If it were strictly for sitting, then I might not bother fixing it because I'm super lazy like that, but I wouldn't trust it to function as normal for too long.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Fix and Sharpie. It won't look great but it'll be a metric fuckton better.

Great ass score dude! More pictures of the guitar now? :)

Shredderboy1658

string abuser
Reaction score
Fix and Sharpie. It won't look great but it'll be a metric fuckton better.

Great ass score dude! More pictures of the guitar now? :)

I an RG1527 in the same color, I paid 700, the seller said it had a chip in the paint about the size of a dime, when it arrived it was shapried in and I couldn't find it at first :lol:

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
Looking at that chip makes me feel incredibly anxious/uncomfortable. Saw that happen to an old friend's bass while he was playing and subsequently slam to the ground and add a ton more scratches/dents/chips...

tldr; fix dat nonsense ;]

That is however still a steal, congrats!

Reaction score
I'd patch it and maybe move the strap button location to the back side of the horn, but that's just me.

timbale

Reaction score
I'd patch it and maybe move the strap button location to the back side of the horn, but that's just me.

+1
A good luthier would do i in some hours... you only would see it when you know it (i'd guess around 60$ with repainting). And the strap button on the back would'nt influence the stability of the horn anymore - best solution.

EcoliUVA

Not Gifted
Reaction score
That is absolutely fixable, and a steal for $400! Wood glue is stronger than wood, so the recommendation of sawdust + wood glue is a win. You can also get some filler that's essentially the same thing, just pre-mixed. Not sure which would be more effective, but there's no way you can lose at that price.

Klype

desu
Reaction score
Yeah, I would deffinetly get that fixed considering how much cash you saved.

Latest posts

')