Just Scored a RG2027! (56k OK)

• Thread starter Eric
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
Im coming to AZ and disconnecting your internet for at least 2 months till I can catch up on pimp 7s. :nono:

My bank account would be greatful... But then these rare 7s would have to find and alternate way to hit me in the face...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sex_art

Reaction score
thats awesome bro :)

ohh and why dont ibanez use the tick on these newer models ..its a shame =(

Reaction score
I bow in envy of your newly acquired axe.
I really wish I could get one of those.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
This may be something caused by the previous owner James, as my 2127 doesn't have this issue, and I bought it brand new.

I've not experienced this problem on my 2027 either... yet. Still, better to be safe than sorry especially when dealing with something as hard to find as a Double Edge 7.
Yeah, i've not heard anyone else have that problem either, but having the wire run alongside the springs, not the best choice...

But if you reroute it with a direct path, you end up with more slack on the wire as well, plus the movement is less!

I know i can be hard on trems, so it's more precautionary than anything else I'd say!

Sleeper

Reaction score
But if you reroute it with a direct path, you end up with more slack on the wire as well, plus the movement is less!

Wish I'd thought of that last week, when I gave mine it's latest clean & setup. When replacing the trem back in, it slid from my fingers and dropped less than an inch onto the body, taking out the first chip in the finish. :wallbash: That stung, I don't mind telling you, but they always say the first is the worst!

Eric

Reaction score
So do any of you guys know how many of these they made?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
No idea, i just know production was a year only and cancelled due to very poor sales, so it can't be too many. As to actual numbers I dunno... But not that many I'd guess, maybe roundabouts the same amount of PWH's built possibly as they're about as common on ebay I think, and if i had to judge amount in circulation by the amount of times they come up...

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't know, PWH's were in production for longer and a lot seem to reside in permanent collections now. I'd say the 2027 is rarer.

Eric

Reaction score
I was thinking they were more rare than PWHs as well. In regards to the frequency I have seen guitars for sale, my 2027 seems more along the lines of my GR in terms of rarity.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Guessing at numbers I think you may be right. One year worth of production generally yields 250-375 ish units if we use the UVGR and 540S7 as benchmarks for yearly production.

Battle-axe

Reaction score
Those are sweet man! Congrats! I love guitars without any neck or headstock binding, gives them a nice uncluttered feel, IMO. I wish they brought these back in a fixed bridge version. :agreed:

')