Just scored a RG8527

• Thread starter Gurj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gurj

Reaction score
:woohoo: Finally got myself a 7 string!!!! Just scored a RG8527TBK from Rich Harris. Can't wait to get it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gurj

Reaction score
Saved from Rich's site. It's a bit beat up, but don't mind as it's gonna get played :shred:
P1010005[1].jpg

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
nice! did you get a pretty good deal on it for the condition it's in?

btw:
beat up = character ;)

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
a bit??? man last one almost mint went for 500more,1050 was a steap for this. I would kill the previous owner for making something like that to a J custom

it's beaten as hell LEON.... I'm going to cry every time I will see a pic of this guitar edges and back

I looks like some acid was on it

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think i could buy a pristine, mint guitar. firstly, i wouldn't have the money to spend on it, and secondly, i'd be afraid to play it.

solong as it still plays great... :yesway:

Gurj

Reaction score
Yeh, it was $1050, which ain't bad for a j-custom. The tops pretty clean, but the back looks like a dartboard!! Like I said, I don't mind, hopefully starting a band soon, so this is gonna come in very handy :metal:
Theres some more pics on the used page on www.ibanez.com

Gurj

Reaction score
nikt said:
a bit??? man last one almost mint went for 500more,1050 was a steap for this. I would kill the previous owner for making something like that to a J custom

it's beaten as hell LEON.... I'm going to cry every time I will see a pic of this guitar edges and back

I looks like some acid was on it

I hear what you're saying, but I'm assured it plays fine, which is the most important thing to me.
But it does piss me off when expensive guitars ain't looked after. I also brought a RG8670 from Rich which had several dings in it aswell :mad:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Gurj said:
Saved from Rich's site. It's a bit beat up, but don't mind as it's gonna get played :shred:
View attachment 1815

Hot. :D I'm not a huge fan of trans black guitars, but a black/grey burst like that? I approve. :)

And I on the other hand love beater guitars - my UV's trying it's damndest to catch up with Vai's Evo, and frankly I love how it looks. :D

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Gurj said:
But it does piss me off when expensive guitars ain't looked after. I also brought a RG8670 from Rich which had several dings in it aswell :mad:

First....congrats on the guitar!
Secondly, I know exactly what you mean. A few months back, I walked into GC and saw a used PRS 10-Top w/ P90s (@ $3K for a new one). It looked great until I saw the bridge pup. The previous owner was a teenage kid. He took out the P90, badly carved out the bridge position and then stuck in a red/black Duncan Designed Detonator (the cheap ass version of a Duncan Invader)!!! Talk about a hackjob on an otherwise beautiful axe. It was hideous. :mad:

Gurj

Reaction score
Shannon said:
First....congrats on the guitar!
Secondly, I know exactly what you mean. A few months back, I walked into GC and saw a used PRS 10-Top w/ P90s (@ $3K for a new one). It looked great until I saw the bridge pup. The previous owner was a teenage kid. He took out the P90, badly carved out the bridge position and then stuck in a red/black Duncan Designed Detonator (the cheap ass version of a Duncan Invader)!!! Talk about a hackjob on an otherwise beautiful axe. It was hideous. :mad:

Thanks bud.
Why do they do it! A UV777BK just sold on ebay last week. The guy had put an active EMG in the bridge. Either he or someone else had done a shitty DIY job and carved, sorry, hacked a section out of the back to fit the battery. I wanted to cry.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Gurj said:
Thanks bud.
Why do they do it! A UV777BK just sold on ebay last week. The guy had put an active EMG in the bridge. Either he or someone else had done a shitty DIY job and carved, sorry, hacked a section out of the back to fit the battery. I wanted to cry.

Uhhhh, well...I put a pair of EMG707s in a UV777BK as well. Mine was done very well though. No hack job. ;)

Gurj

Reaction score
Didn't have a problem with the guy putting the EMG, it was just the way the back had been butchered! Plus it seriously affected the final price, I think it went for around the £650 mark, whereas good condition BK's have been selling for £900. At £650, I could have lived with that hack job though :)

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Gurj said:
Yeh, it was $1050, which ain't bad for a j-custom. The tops pretty clean, but the back looks like a dartboard!! Like I said, I don't mind, hopefully starting a band soon, so this is gonna come in very handy :metal:
Theres some more pics on the used page on www.ibanez.com
Ah, so you're not going to have Rich set it up for the extra whopping $250? :lol:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score

Gurj

Reaction score

Gurj

Reaction score
giannifive said:
Ah, so you're not going to have Rich set it up for the extra whopping $250? :lol:

Not this time, was tempted but the total price of the guitar would have been way too much. Having said that, his set-ups are mighty fine. Remember picking up the other others I've got from him in the past and thinking how sweet the action was and the fret job being awesome ;)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Gurj said:
AAAAAAAAAAARRRHH. You've scarred me again! :noplease: That picture of the battery DIY job is too much!!
But on the otherhand, for £650 I would have brought it and fixed her up. If only I had remembered to bid................

It is atrocious, but hell, I'd have bought it for that price too. It's nothing a few hours with a dremel, some paint and some patience won't take care of. :)

Gurj

Reaction score
And since I was after a UV777bk, I think I missed out bigtime, what a fool I is :spock:

')