Just scored a unique 7

• Thread starter darren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Heh-heh...nice dude! Congrats! :yesway:

I've been wanting one of those MOD 7s for quite a while now. I had a blast with my old 30" Danelectro 6-string bass.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really wanted an Italia Mondial but they don't make a 7-string version of those.

I may investigate whether it's possible to add GraphTech piezo saddles to the Danny.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome. They're incrediblycool in a dorky sort of way, and at the same time I bet that'd be an awesome guitar to have lying around a studio for overdubs. :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Umm... :scratch: I don't really know what to say about this one.

If you like it, that's all that matters, Darren. Congrats, and I hope you have a ton of fun with it. ;)

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Awesome. They're incredibly cool in a dorky sort of way, and at the same time I bet that'd be an awesome guitar to have lying around a studio for overdubs. :yesway:

Hell, I'd love to break one of those out during one of my shows. I'm sure I'd get some interesting looks from the metalheads in the crowd...or even from my bandmates. ;)

thepunisher

just another hairy viking
Reaction score
you'll at least stand out from sa crowd with that guitar on. hope it sounds good

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of danes but whatever floats your boat!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
They have one of those at the store I used to work at, it's been there forever, brand new, and NO ONE will buy it. I really didn't like the way it played, and I guess everyone thought that too. I'm used to Ibanez though so it might explain my lack of interest in it though.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
sweet look'n axe! the ladies will be walking, not running towards you ;)

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Don't Danos make really good slide guitars? Imagine DADGAD-tuned slide with a low A drone...droooooool!!!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
What about CEGCGCE?

I have a Dano U-baritone. It's got a cool vibe, looks great, and plays surprisingly well. Sounds like mud to me, though.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
Don't Danos make really good slide guitars? Imagine DADGAD-tuned slide with a low A drone...droooooool!!!

Yeah? The tuning KILLS for Tool-like riffing with lots of suspensions, too. :metal:

7stringninja

Southpaw Bastard
Reaction score
Never been a fan of the Danelectro stylings, and honestly, ever since I first saw them, I kinda tossed them aside as a sub-par product. But I can't honestly say I know anything about them....at all.

But I have to give at least a little respect to any company that ventures into the world of 7's. And props on a rare-find, or at least I assume it's fairly rare (because I've never seen one).

Travis = unique guitar nut

marton

Reaction score
I have played the Hodad and Mod seven. Hope you get good quality equipment!

Cool score!

')