Just When You Thought Nothing Worse Could Happen to Star Wars...

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Olin

Reaction score
I'm just going to keep pretending this didn't happen and carry on in my own little world away from Disney.

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
Disney also bought out Marvel. Last I checked, Iron Man and The Avengers were pretty damn bad ass.

Olin

Reaction score
I really didn't like The Avengers, and Iron Man is only good because I imagine Robert Downey Jr to really be that much of an arrogant dick in real life.
Besides we should have learnt with the first three (most recent, 1-3, duh), that Star Wars just needs to be left alone.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I really didn't like The Avengers, and Iron Man is only good because I imagine Robert Downey Jr to really be that much of an arrogant dick in real life.

Hate to say it, but you're in the minority there.

Besides we should have learnt with the first three (most recent, 1-3, duh), that Star Wars just needs to be left alone.

See, if they had been awesome, we wouldn't be saying that. Thankfully, we (L) now (U) KNOW (C) why (A) they (S) sucked. I think Disney at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
And the award for most-money-for-a-single-idea continues to go to George Lucas.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Personally, I'm going to give them a chance. They did a great job with Tron, I thought that was impossible.

IMO, it can't get worse than the love scenes of Episode II. Even if they are only ok, we still get cool space battles and the whole spectacle.

I'll give them a chance, they haven't do something to not deserve one.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Guys. They bought Lucasfilm. They own Indiana Jones too. :ugh:

Honestly, neither of the franchises could possibly do any worse than they already have. I'm pleased as punch that the rights to these films are no longer controlled by Lucas. Remember the last time someone else directed star wars? We got Empire.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys. They bought Lucasfilm. They own Indiana Jones too. :ugh:

Honestly, neither of the franchises could possibly do any worse than they already have. I'm pleased as punch that the rights to these films are no longer controlled by Lucas. Remember the last time someone else directed star wars? We got Empire.

Huh, never thought of it that way. And the Avengers and Iron Man comment helped too. K now I'm willing to give it a shot, if only because Empire is my favourite one.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I said this earlier on vampiregenocide's facebook status about Disney buying Lucasfilm.

It's a good move for both parties, even if the Disney Star Wars movies suck, they'll still make a shit ton of money, because it's Disney. I highly doubt making a crappy Star Wars movie or two will put them out of business, since all of their parks are still open, as well as all of the other pots they have their hands in. (ABC, Fox Family, Pixar, etc.)

I'm also saying this as a Disney fan and don't see where all of the Disney hatred stems from, since the company (and Walt himself, when he was alive) are huge on civil rights, but that's a conversation for another thread. :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')