K7 or C7(FR)?

• Thread starter trippled
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trippled

Reaction score
So next month I'm going to order my first seven and it's time
to take the final decision.
They are pretty much in the same price range(The ibanez will be used of course) and are overall different guitars, but what concerns me more is which
will be better sounding?
Obviously the Ibanez has a thinner neck, but I really love the schecter neck
actually, and the Ofr should be fine for me, nor the lo pro.
I know the schecter got actives but I'm, planning to swap to blackouts for
whatever I'll get unless it will be really good sounding.
What I'm actually asking is which guitar will be built better, which will have
better woods, which guitar will feel more "high end".
Thanks,
Daniel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darbdavys

Reaction score
well, k7 is japanese sig model (which most of the times means better build), c7 is korean mass produced. c7 is 26.5" scale, which is better when playing up higher (I can't hit the right fret when above ~20, they're too small for me :D). everything is up to your consideration and taste IMO

trippled

Reaction score
I know it has alot to do with personal taste, but I was more asking
about quality control and woods grades.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
they both have mahogany bodies if i am not mistaken. i prefer ibanez.

jski7

Reaction score
They're both good guitars, although I prefer the K7. That said, if both are in the same price range, go with the K7. K7 will certainly have better build quality, and by default feel more "high end". :metal:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've owned 4 K7s (still have one currently) and the Hellraiser, and I definitely prefer the K7. The feel, look, and tone is just tremendous. I'm really not a fan of the bulky neck, bland 707 tone, and extreme weight of the Schecter. I find the K7 resonates better and captures that sweet mahogany growl much better, plus the neck just flies!

So, that's where I stand. :2c:

trippled

Reaction score
I know they are both maagony, the question is which
company usually uses better woods and components.
Edit - just read the last 2 posts.
I was actually really thiking towardsa hellraiser OFR 7,
now I'm a bit not sure.
Let's put it this way, since I dont have any way to try them,
if I didnt like the 1527 and loved the loomis(not tone wise cause
I'm a mahagony fan but feel/neck comfort/overall) what are the
chances I'd like the K7 better than a hellraiser? How different is
the K7 fromthe 1527?
What I didnt like about the 1527(and tone aint relevant cause
it's made from other woods) is the neck profile and the overall feel,
didn't feel high end to me.
Your thoughts?

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
The K7 is a better crafted instrument with perhaps better cuts of wood. All the difference for me would be the pickups, scale length and fact that one has a maple neck and one is a set Mahogany neck. Those you will find to be the most important issues at hand. Neither is a bad guitar. Both are above average. The C-7 comes with active pickups and the K7 comes with low output passive pickups that kick ass. Your choice should really be a matter of options in sound. If you get the Schecter then you will know your playing a 7 string right away. With the K7, it may feel like your playing a 6 string and may be an easier transition for you. The K7 is a top quality guitar for what it offers. Thats why the newest K7 (K7APEX1) cost $1900 new and the newest C-7 is only $900 new. As far as build, the Japanese made is better than the Korean made. As far as quality in wood. There is no way to know but trust that both are nice and since one is more than double the price of the other, I would assume that its the better quality woods and know that its better quality craftsmanship. Sell your 6 string and buy both.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
The K7 is a GREAT instrument, especially second hand priced. Great, resonant body, you get a Lo Pro, which is FAR superior to an OFR in my opinion, pickup routes you can actually use for pickups other than EMG or Blackouts and a neck that is exceptionally comfortable.

The K7 was one of the last really good 7's Ibanez made, and the C7 has nothing to stack up against it with.

mat091285

Reaction score
I would have to say K7 ... i got one myself .. and have strapped an EVO 7 and it is smoking ... crazy .. AT THE GATES Riffage!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've owned 4 K7s (still have one currently) and the Hellraiser, and I definitely prefer the K7. The feel, look, and tone is just tremendous. I'm really not a fan of the bulky neck, bland 707 tone, and extreme weight of the Schecter. I find the K7 resonates better and captures that sweet mahogany growl much better, plus the neck just flies!

So, that's where I stand. :2c:
strange because I've never used a hellraiser that was heavier than a K-7, all the HRs I've played have been fairly light.

Latest posts

')