K7 with new WHITE pups...

• Thread starter 7StringofAblicK
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
Well i finally got some new pups for the K7: white evolution bridge and a white Blaze neck, respectively. THis guitar SCREAMS now...and in the process i set it up :). Plus it looks much better, IMO. Pics!!!

100_0521.jpg

100_0527-1.jpg

100_0524-1.jpg
<--Say hello to my girlfriend's arm. In pajamas. Hello Eric's girlfriend's arm in pajamas.

100_0522-1.jpg

But during the process i was hunting around on ebay and found a guy who wanted a strat. I LOVE(d) my strat to death, but lately it's seen more shirts in the closet than my fingers (unfortunately :noplease: ). Anyways, he was selling/trading a used RG1527

I said eh, why not? Traded and behold: pics. I must say, this thing is INCREDIBLE. It's definitely in players condition (well there are a million paint scratches on the sides back but none surprisingly on the front), but the neck is straight, the frets are perfect and the hardware is clean. But the neck on this thing is ridiculously comfy; more so than both of the 7620's I had. It does have that 'worn in' feel, but more so it feels like my strat somehow. Very thin neck, more C than D shaped, but not as C as the early 90's UV, yet somehow this thing just feels right. Plus with my ZW pedal in front, the pickups are staying in there for a while. It has that perfect bounce to the tone which surprised me because these V series pups sucked in my 7420. It's an 05, and the neck has that laquer finish to like the 7620 necks but these are refined and not sticky at all. Overall i'm very pleased; i prefer this neck to the 06 model i played at Samash (the neck was more D shaped and had bigger shoulders). Enough rambling: PICS!

The amazing J craft cases. Gosh i love these things :wub:
100_0529.jpg

100_0530.jpg

100_0531.jpg

100_0532.jpg

This is the worst of the paint scratches...ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luckily i don't care much because i never see it.

100_0533.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garden of grey

Reaction score
Cool looking and (probably) sounding! Although I would burn the K-7 mark out. A destroyed neck would look cooler than that thing.

Also, why did you take pics of it with your girlfriend in the bed lol?

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't realize she was in the pic until you said that :lol: I was trying to avoid her since she gets uber cranky when i take pics while she watches her CSI.

I forget about the K7 inlay to be honest. The guitar plays/sounds so great that I look past it.

Ryan

Reaction score
Looks sexy man! The guitars too... :ugh:

Thats actually the same setup i have in my UV - i know you be tellin no liez when you say screamin. :metal:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
nice guitar... now, make with the pics of the girlfriend :D

(...and holy crap, that 1527 needs a fretboard cleaning!)

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
nice guitar... now, make with the pics of the girlfriend :D

(...and holy crap, that 1527 needs a fretboard cleaning!)

heh, i did.

I mean...what? :ugh:

I know...it has the 'sweat' marks or whatever. WAY gross. When i change the strings it will get a good rubbin' and oilin'

that sounded so dirty :lol:

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
The K7 looks great with the new pickups. Can't say the same about the 1527, but only because I have a 1570 and I've gotten bored with the look.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: You rock man! Those pickups look killer in the K-7! I have yet to try one out in person but based on the body woods used and those new pickups, I bet she screams! :bowdown:

JamesGrote

Reaction score
Great pics! I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Basswood 1527 compared to the mahogany K7. They're nearly identical construction, except for body wood. Basically same neck. Different pickups, of course.

Right now, I'm on the fence on getting a 1527 or K7. I love my other mahogany 7, so I'm torn between the two.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
It really does man. Once i get my recording setup actually 'setup' (haha) i'll post clips of all my 7's

It will be an extravaganza. It will be anarchy. It will be...well, comparing and contrasting.

Fuck...it will be

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I must say, you take it like a man... a man with a pretty purse! :rofl: E-rep for you sir, because you can take a joke well and your guitar is pretty slick! :yesway:

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
Great pics! I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Basswood 1527 compared to the mahogany K7. They're nearly identical construction, except for body wood. Basically same neck. Different pickups, of course.

Right now, I'm on the fence on getting a 1527 or K7. I love my other mahogany 7, so I'm torn between the two.

It's a tough one...because the neck shapes are actually quite different. If you like thinner ibby necks, the 1527 is the way to go. The K7 has more of a D shape, more shoulder. Construction wise they both feel solid and secure; but the K7 just feels like there's more to it, if that makes sense.

Either one would rule, and if you already have a Mahogany body 7, i'd say go with the 1527. They really are incredible guitars. And the edge pro rocks :). It's different than the Lo-pro, but i wouldn't say better or worse.

I must say, you take it like a man... a man with a pretty purse! :rofl: E-rep for you sir, because you can take a joke well and your guitar is pretty slick! :yesway:

I've learned recently that when someone gets you good, they get you good. No bullshitting about it. Give them the glory because some day we will have our own moments.

No, i did not quote Walt Disney :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
lol you gonna resize those tiny pics?

')