Kalevala`s short DFHS2 test!

• Thread starter KaLeVaLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
Well...hi guys!
Finally i got something worth posting on here :)

i know everyone is posting their own DFHS2 test theese days, so i thought why not post a little snippet of my stuff as well :)

I got this a couple of days ago, but havent got the chance to do abything with it before now!

So in this clip i have started from scratch...worked on it for about 2-3 hours...and this is what came out of my speakers :)

btw...its only a minute long..made it basically just to have soomething to mix with!

SoundClick artist: Kalevala - new_breed_of_Norwegian_metal

Enjoy people!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan S

Reaction score
Hey man.

I like it. The drums sound very balanced and punchy. Maybe bring the guitars up in the mix just a tad though, but really it sounds awesome.

Keep it coming. :)

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
thanx dudes :)

Yeah..the thing i wanna change alittle bit when it comes to the drums are the kick...to make it a bit "thicker"/"wider", and also the cymbals are maybe alittle bit undefined..want them to sound more like that you can hear them beeing hit with the sticks.

And yeah..still working alittle bit on the guitars..want them abit more djenty :)

IamLukas

Reaction score
Fantastico Mister Kalevala!!
I likes it :hbang:.
Very tight drumsound, nice brutal snaretone, pumping bassdrum....that's the important thing mang!
Yes, I think the guit should be more in front of the mix, like u said...
...also nice short tune.
Keep rockin' dudemeister :shred:.

Last edited:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome!!

Excellent drums... really cool riffs, too, this tune needs to be expanded!!! :yesway:

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't listen to this at work, but glad to know you got your copy functioning, dude.

Greg Pope

Reaction score
hell yeah dude, glad you got it working, I see what you mean about the kick and the cymbals, but it is your first mix.
Are you using any presets for the kick? What ones? I found the muscle is pretty sweet, the presets are allways good starting points.

mortega76

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't like Superior 2.0? The tune was killer but I'm still not hip to S2.0's drums... I installed it but I'm still using DFH samples, they just sound "better" to me... But like I said, killer tune!

Greg Pope

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't like Superior 2.0? The tune was killer but I'm still not hip to S2.0's drums... I installed it but I'm still using DFH samples, they just sound "better" to me... But like I said, killer tune!

Really? what don't you like about them dude?

sethh

ss.org SpongeBob
Reaction score
hmm, is there anyplace that sells the DFHS 2 and would ship worldwide!? didn't find one at first glance...

sounds cool though Kalevala!

you know your name is the epic poem of Finland right? :p

nine squares

Reaction score

You are not alone, I bought the upgrade but sold it after the first day of using it.

Coryd

Reaction score
You are not alone, I bought the upgrade but sold it after the first day of using it.

I'll admit that i have 2.0 and i am trying to get a good sound from it, but i definitely prefer DFHS as of now. 2.0 sounds good, but just doesn't feel metal enough to me.....IMO

It would be cool if they could release Haake's kit for it though.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Selling it after a day is pretty extreme. I don't really think you can say you gave it a good chance.

Sethh, can't you buy it directly from the Toontrack webstore?

Back on topic, the track is pretty bad ass. Not my kind of thing, but it's obvious to even a douche like me that it's the kind of stuff that gets people here excited. Great work!

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
Badass man! loved the riffing and everything sounded nice and tight. I do agree with a lil more beef on teh kicks too but good shit

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
thanx alot once again guys :)

Well..i can understand that someone is still sticking with DFHS1..they sound pretty different...and i was alittle unsure at first with dfhs2, but now i really love it.
It was a breath of fresh air getting new drums :)

I think its all about evolving...in any possible way..and that includes the sound as well :)

Oh, yeah, i know my name is really a finnish epic ;) hehe...i am SO god damn epic man!!! haha...just kidding...far from it ;)

Greg Pope

Reaction score
thanx alot once again guys :)

Well..i can understand that someone is still sticking with DFHS1..they sound pretty different...and i was alittle unsure at first with dfhs2, but now i really love it.
It was a breath of fresh air getting new drums :)

I think its all about evolving...in any possible way..and that includes the sound as well :)

+1:yesway:

nine squares

Reaction score
Selling it after a day is pretty extreme. I don't really think you can say you gave it a good chance.

Well sir, I did try it out at work in the musicstore a couple of weeks first but later bought it to try it with my music. Not my cup of tea.