Karl Sanders Signature Dean V7 first pic

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Killer flamed top, according to Karl (on his FB) he's going with Duncans - I'm assuming Invaders, as usual.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Fucking scalloped board...

fixed. :yesway:

Sorry, I love floyds, not for any other reason than the feel of them under my hand when playing. it's what i'm used to.

If this DOES become a production model, I fully expect them to NOT have scalloped boards, and for the love of god, I hope they don't...

Curt

Reaction score
"I really hope this signature guitar doesn't have the features the artist wants" :rofl: :yesway:

Oh, i'm fine with it if it does. I would just love for them to release at least a similar model without scallops.

I'm sure you understand where i'm coming from. :lol: I'm very heavy handed, and I absolutely cannot play with scalloped fretboard, but this is a sick guitar.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Oh, i'm fine with it if it does. I would just love for them to release at least a similar model without scallops.

I'm sure you understand where i'm coming from. :lol: I'm very heavy handed, and I absolutely cannot play with scalloped fretboard, but this is a sick guitar.

I'm the opposite, I'm extremely light handed, so I love scalloping.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Eh it's pretty much a King V with an ugly headstock, there are similar designs with better headstocks available a number of different places :2c:

Curt

Reaction score
Eh it's pretty much a King V with an ugly headstock, there are similar designs with better headstocks available a number of different places :2c:

I like that take on the King V body shape. something in those bevels, I guess. :lol:

I do agree about the headstock, though.. that has been the ruin to most deans, for me.

ScrotieMcBoogerballs

Bringer of Storms
Reaction score
Judging by their current line of guitars and the prices, if this does come out as a production model, this won't be even remotely reasonably priced.

I'd love to get one but whenever I think about spending any more money or time on Dean Guitars, I die a little inside and buy an LTD or Ibanez for half the price and double the quality.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to see more legit 7-string Vs go into production.

I can't help but :rofl: at all the outrageous Dean hate.

haffner1

Reaction score
I can't help but :rofl: at all the outrageous Dean hate.

Ok, I am probably overstating just a little. I really do love the shapes, and I even think the headstocks are ok. But really, all of the imports I have tried have been almost that bad. Some of the problem may be that I live in a semi-remote area, and the music shops don't send stuff back when they get garbage.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I like Nile, I like V's and I love scallops. That headstock however.......sadly something of a deal-breaker as petty as that sounds :(

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, I am probably overstating just a little. I really do love the shapes, and I even think the headstocks are ok. But really, all of the imports I have tried have been almost that bad. Some of the problem may be that I live in a semi-remote area, and the music shops don't send stuff back when they get garbage.

So what does that have to do with a USA made CS model again? :scratch:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Too bad all the dean production models are such overpriced garbage. Expect a $1500 price tag for a photofinished piece of balsa wood with a bad paint job and an unevenly sanded neck :noway:

You can say what you want about Dean and their business practises, but what you just said is a load of fucking rubbish.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love how mysteriously the only guitars Dean seems to build properly are RC7Xs and RC7Gs. That's just about the only model folks on this site don't harp on (except for price of course :lol:).

Strange. :lol:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I don't get the Dean hate.

Conversely to everyone else, the ones I really hate are the Rusty Cooley models. They're just fugly.

This V looks nice, I just hope they make a fixed bridge version too.

Curt

Reaction score
I love how mysteriously the only guitars Dean seems to build properly are RC7Xs and RC7Gs. That's just about the only model folks on this site don't harp on (except for price of course :lol:).

Strange. :lol:

Dean makes great guitars, i'm just not a fan of the big "V" headstocks, honestly. I like the Vendetta/Hardtail/Soltero headstock, and I like the headstock they put on the Dave Mustaine/MAB/Cooley guitars. A USA 7 with this body shape, and their inline headstock design would have me buying...

To be totally honest, since day one of my joining here I have enjoyed Dean guitars and never understood the hate for them. I think it goes without saying that people that complain about them making crap guitars have never played anything other than maybe a bad "79"/Dime sig, or one of their other various entry level offerings. Their higher end imports play on par with pretty much every other import i've played, and their USA built guitars are up there with pretty much every other notable manufacturer's USA/Japan offerings.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
That looks really sweet! I've never tried a scalloped fretboard though....

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My only Dean hate is in regard to that horrific split headstock :lol:

(well ok, the Cooley model is ugly as all hell too...)

Don't get me wrong, I think all lot of thier guitars are the musical equivalents to butter faces. :lol:

Though, I find it funny that a lot of folks on here lob hate Dean's way on quality after accepting some pretty shitty guitars from Agile (not saying all Agile's are shit, but they've had a heaping pile of bad ones make it to customers), and even expensive ones like that latest RAN with the bum frets.

haffner1

Reaction score
Ok, this is the last time I will post on here about this, or I will probably get banned for trolling or threadjacking or whatever.
So what does that have to do with a USA made CS model again? :scratch:
Um.. weren't YOU and some other people too, just talking about these going into PRODUCTION?

Good to see more legit 7-string Vs go into production.

You can say what you want about Dean and their business practises, but what you just said is a load of fucking rubbish.
All of the statements I have made about dean imports are based on my own experience playing them at local music shops when looking into purchases. Other people may have other experiences. I can only tell you what I have played, and what I thought of it.

I think it goes without saying that people that complain about them making crap guitars have never played anything other than maybe a bad "79"/Dime sig, or one of their other various entry level offerings. Their higher end imports play on par with pretty much every other import i've played, and their USA built guitars are up there with pretty much every other notable manufacturer's USA/Japan offerings.

No, it doesn't go without saying. I have played a number of mid to high priced dean imports at local shops and I have never come across one that I would buy for the price that was asked. I played a MAB that lists for $1200. The finish was of the plastic shrink wrap variety and it weighed about as much as a $100 fender squire. The hardware and pups were good, and so was the fret job, but not only were the back of the neck at the volute and headstock sloppily sanded, the splice on the neck was obviously defective. The two pieces were not flush together throught the width of the neck, and the gap was filled in with glue. I have never made any statements about US made deans because I have never played one. I have no reason to beleive that they are not good based on their reputation, but with many companies, the quality of US models has little impact on the quality of the imports.

')