Karl Sanders

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
Why doesn't he just play a 7? He tunes one neck to drop A, and tunes the other to drop D. A 7 would be much more practical.

Stealth7

Reaction score
Why doesn't he just play a 7? He tunes one neck to drop A, and tunes the other to drop D. A 7 would be much more practical.

He does, He has a 7 string KxK that he uses live.

436.jpg

But I guess they use 6 strings because they can play bigger chords... If you look at the tabs to their songs you'll know what I mean.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score

his reasoning is that the song "Hittite Dung Incantation" was written in drop A, but the solo is in drop D, because he thought they wouldn't play it live. When they decided to play it live, rather than rewrite the solo, he had this double neck made for him, so he could switch necks to solo.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Very good videos!

I think Karl made them cause he was ashamed of his drunk "betcha can't play this". :rofl:

MetalMike04

Lefty cursed...
Reaction score
All of his solo work is so peaceful.

Yeah It's awesome stuff! Great to put on when you just want to chill out and relax.

totally its completely un-metal but really great stuff, your right totally good for relaxing, plus theory wise the Harmonic-Minor scale is my favorite and this is just packed full of middle eastern har-min goodness :shred:, well actually not quite :shred: but you get the idea haha

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Karl Sanders is the fucking man.
Such a friendly guy too, I had a lesson with him on their last tour. We traded some riffs and got to check out the 7 string KxK in the picture above. It's a fucking monster of a guitar.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
That double neck... :bowdown:

in the sebek lesson he hits those strings so damn hard. :lol:

I want all his KxK's minus the scalloped boards, of course...

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
His pick attack is insane, he hit's so damn hard, must use ma-hoosive strings!

He is much better than I remember him being, that "betcha can't play this" video did him no favours. You can tell he is an Yngwie fan too, long before he played KxKs I remember him playing a cream strat with a scalloped maple board, ala Yngwie, and oh look, there it is behind him in the first video :D

It is pretty cool of him to take the time to at least record some videos to show us how he plays his stuff, it's a lot more than most artists do. I can understand not wanting (or having the time) to tab all this stuff out, but if you are good enough to play it you should be more than capable of learning it from watching him play it.

His rhythm tone too, incredible :eek:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Karl and Nile as a band are very talented musicians, though their albums or lessons don't always show them as well as they deserve. Those two videos show Karl playing brilliantly, but his 'betcha can't play this' vid and a couple of others sound pretty bad. I hope he does more videos. :)

TheDuatAwaits

Dreaming of Ur
Reaction score
Karl and Nile as a band are very talented musicians, though their albums or lessons don't always show them as well as they deserve. Those two videos show Karl playing brilliantly, but his 'betcha can't play this' vid and a couple of others sound pretty bad. I hope he does more videos. :)

He said in the comments of the Sebek video that he would do Cast Down the Heretic, including the solo. :shred:

')