Karnivool Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter YYZ2112
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:bump:

I just saw these guys open for Ankla, Skindred, and Nonpoint; and they kicked fucking ass. There's a lotta dimension to their work and I think that it's work taking a look at.

The real money comes at 2:52/3:02

Also, I got to see that Ankla LACS RG7 and zomg, I almost shit myself. The pictures I've seen of it *on here mostly* didn't do it any justice. That thing was beautiful.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This band is fairly popular here in Australia. I thought the re-recorded "Roquefort" single with the brass section was kinda cool, but generally speaking I'm not a fan. Here are a couple of more popular Aussie bands in that vein that you'd probably enjoy:

Cog - "My Enemy" from the album The New Normal

The Butterfly Effect - "A New Descent" from the album Imago

Enjoy:yesway:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Karnivool were not widely known in Australia until Reigan Derry performed their song Themata (the same song posted above) on Australian Idol. The judges ripped her to pieces for picking such an obscure song and she was voted out as a result.

The upside to it was that Karnivool got their song out to about 1 million people that may have never heard of them otherwise.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, how can you penalize somebody for not wanting to sing a super-hit?

Did she do a good job singing it?

About Karnivool, our drummer got into them a little bit, cool stuff from what I've heard.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
You can listen to it in my post, while it wasn't terrible I still cringe at the last note. It was better than the contestants that made it through.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Hey man, ,Karnivool kick ass! I have Themata, and i used to listen to it ALL the time, but not so much now...Yeah, they tune the bottom 3 strings of their sixes to 7 tuning anyway, so they need sevens. Anyway their music always pleases me with the ever so slight tinges of meshuggah, while still being um...conventional... :)

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
I heard Karnivool sometime last year, and they are pretty sweet. Not my usual cup of tea, but I do really dig them. :yesway:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I remember the first song I heard was Fade back in 2003. It blew me away so much that I've been following them since the Persona album. That and Themata rules of course. :bowdown: Saw them open for Cog at the Northcote Social Club... what a perfect gig that was. :hbang:

And now the release to their followup to Themata is imminent. :pray:

On a side note, singer Ian Kenny's also got Birds of Tokyo. More pop rock style but it's still his signature soaring vocals.

Check them out at: BIRDS OF TOKYO on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Yes I'm loving the Australian music scene very much. :D

DaRKoN_

kicker of cheats
Reaction score
I've been waiting forever for a followup from these guys.... First album was pure brilliance.

MickD7

Reaction score
I've been waiting forever for a followup from these guys.... First album was pure brilliance.

yeah the first album was brilliant, the new one i believe is now up on their myspace page. Ive been a fan of these guys since i got their ep persona they are good musicians and players

')