Karnivool Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter YYZ2112
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
Necroing the thread due to the fact that I had NO idea they actually had an official fucking video of All I know:

So fucking awesome. The top comment made me lol pretty hard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bhakan

Reaction score
I recently stumbled across a bunch of new Karnivool songs they played live. In case this is as new to everyone else as it it to me-

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
Bumping for an epic gig on Saturday at the metro in Sydney. Probably the best set list I've seen from them, so awesome.

QJ0Qm.jpg

Who's pumped for album 3??

Sebski

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the new album for a good 2 years since I discovered them. Is there a studio version of The Refusal yet? And does anyone actually when something's coming out?

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I seen them the other night on Phillip Island..... Great show however how could they not play Cote :squint: That's what you get for a festival gig though :lol:

Yes I am pumped for album number 3 :)

Dropsonic

Black Hole Refugee
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the new album for a good 2 years since I discovered them. Is there a studio version of The Refusal yet? And does anyone actually when something's coming out?

They've actually entered the studio today, and have begun recording #3 officially! REJOICE!

bhakan

Reaction score
They've actually entered the studio today, and have begun recording #3 officially! REJOICE!
YES! I didn't know this! I listen to Sound Awake on a regular basis still, super pumped for the next album.

Kroaton

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Seeing it says it's a baritone guitar they might be using the PRS Mike Mushok or something along those lines.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Yar, there be a lot of tunings. I thought my record had a lot of obscure tunings, but this one takes the cake.
-Brent

Enter Paradox

Reaction score
I like this style of playing really low notes (see Staind as well) but not in the realm of the metal kingdom (okay, alternative maybe)

I get spine chills whenever a riff's played out that low :scream:

bhakan

Reaction score
THATS SO CLOSE! :hbang:
I really hope it is, but I just looked on their facebook, and saw photos uploaded 12 hours ago that are the final week of tracking. I don't know how they would mix, master and get CD's ready in the next 2 weeks, so now I'm assuming it isn't the full release. Maybe a single, or just news?

Kroaton

Reaction score
No way in hell that's gonna happen. They have yet to even finish recording , let alone mixing , mastering , artwork , duplication , doing promo , moving stock.

That's most likely about their upcoming tour , or about the actual release date.
Boy does their website look like shit.

soliloquy

Reaction score
i've only heard a few songs by karnivool a while ago, and remember loving them.

should get back into them. anyone have any recommendations? stuff i'm into are:
devin townsend
nevermore
a perfect circle/tool
etc

')