Karnivool Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter YYZ2112
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I seriously don't get why these guys aren't huge. :scratch: Or even partially successful here in the states. They have that perfect mix of musical talent, songwriting prowess, monster production, and accessibility.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I seriously don't get why these guys aren't huge. :scratch: Or even partially successful here in the states. They have that perfect mix of musical talent, songwriting prowess, monster production, and accessibility.

the bolded part is why they are not popular. needs more nickelback voice as well.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
the bolded part is why they are not popular. needs more nickelback voice as well.

I'd say Karnivool are notably better than, say, Tool (whom I like a good bit, particularly the more recent stuff) on the songwriting front, if a bit weaker on musicianship... and, well, Tool are huge...

Though, it might just be the voice thing though. :shrug: I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but if you didn't sound like a guy with his jaw wired shut doing an impression of a country singer, you lost your shot at rock radio airplay. :rolleyes:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I'd say Karnivool are notably better than, say, Tool (whom I like a good bit, particularly the more recent stuff) on the songwriting front, if a bit weaker on musicianship... and, well, Tool are huge...

Though, it might just be the voice thing though. :shrug: I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but if you didn't sound like a guy with his jaw wired shut doing an impression of a country singer, you lost your shot at rock radio airplay. :rolleyes:

I think that tool got their fanbase, well their radio rock fanbase, from their videos and seriously heavy mtv support. they are also one of those bands that can successfully right a song that both regular bros and meatheads and prog geeks can enjoy.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I need a new album!! :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Just read a recent interview (Mixdown press) with Drew Goddard, and yes they are writing. Still in it's very early stages though.

He also stated in the same interview that he just recently acquired an AxeFx and is toying around with it. At this stage he confesses that he's more interested in the effects side over the amp modelling features, makes sense as he's a massive pedal junkie. But again, this is still the early stages. :yesway:

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Just read a recent interview (Mixdown press) with Drew Goddard, and yes they are writing. Still in it's very early stages though.

He also stated in the same interview that he just recently acquired an AxeFx and is toying around with it. At this stage he confesses that he's more interested in the effects side over the amp modelling features, makes sense as he's a massive pedal junkie. But again, this is still the early stages. :yesway:

If its anything like sound awake, we can expect it in 3-4 years :lol:

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
This band is Hershey's Milk Chocolate to my ears.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Fix'd :D

I'm really looking forward to whatever they releases in the future :)

And hopefully they show some of it in good time before album release!

That is totally a correction a 4th grader would give.

Espaul

Reaction score
^

Take it a bit more lightly dude. I did it because I thought it was fun.
While it may be a correction a 4th grader makes, it is a correction a Norwegian like myself makes ;)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I've always kinda liked these guys, but I've been getting into them again recently. Really good stuff.

')