Karnivool Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter YYZ2112
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I was pretty amazed when I found out they were coming to St Pete, FL. Makes me happy since I'll be missing Summer Slaughter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I'm going :yesway:

Anyone else in the LA/OC area going to the west hollywood show aswell?

Reaction score
Just listened to this band for the first time... Awesome music. They remind me of Porcupine Tree, Tool, Muse, Katatonia, Cynic, Circa Survive, etc. just fucking good prog rock.

I might have to go check them out Aug 20th in St. Pete...

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
Just listened to this band for the first time... Awesome music. They remind me of Porcupine Tree, Tool, Muse, Katatonia, Cynic, Circa Survive, etc. just fucking good prog rock.

I might have to go check them out Aug 20th in St. Pete...

Damn right you will!

joelozzy

RG7 Whore
Reaction score
Amazing band. One of the best to come out of my country in my opinion.

Listen to Deadman, on Sound Awake. It will blow your mind.

:agreed:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Ian Kenny doesn't sleep. He just released a new album with Birds of Tokyo (and IIRC touring Australia with that too), now this.

I wan't whatever keeps him awake. :squint:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to drive a few hours to see them in MD but it'll be worth it.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
...was amazing! Bass and drums totally in the pocket w/strange polyrhythms, great atmospheric guitars, and what an incredible singer. And this was their second show of the day, having opened for Porcupine Tree in San Francisco only about an hour earlier! Great band, check 'em out if you can.

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
:hbang:

Awesome to see the boys getting recognition overseas :agreed:

Really talented band

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Fucking love these guys, good to see a band from Australia making it big time :yesway:

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Fucking love these guys, good to see a band from Australia making it big time :yesway:

:yesway:

when i first heard them, i loved Simple Boy but tbh the rest didnt really do anything for me, then when everyone (aka bulb and friends) started going crazy about them, i put the CD on again to see what the apparent fuss was about, and i am really starting to dig it. definitely a grower.

but yeah the greatest thing is just to see an Australian band go somewhere, playing intelligent music at that! :yesway:

TasmanSam

Reaction score
:yesway:

when i first heard them, i loved Simple Boy but tbh the rest didnt really do anything for me, then when everyone (aka bulb and friends) started going crazy about them, i put the CD on again to see what the apparent fuss was about, and i am really starting to dig it. definitely a grower.

but yeah the greatest thing is just to see an Australian band go somewhere, playing intelligent music at that! :yesway:

Yeah SA did that to me too. wasn't too keen on the first listen, but now I fucking love it. Themata is still my favorite though, that album is god like!

')