Keith Merrow Tabs

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ah, OK. If by stall you mean just touching the string to keep it from ringing out, then that's what I'm doing to keep it staccato. But I'm definitely not picking those notes. It just doesn't sound as clean and syncopated. Nice playing as usual, too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alecisonfire

Reaction score
anyone having problems downloading pillars of creation? i am, but im at school so it might be the settings on their network:noway:
excited to start learnin those riffs:metal:

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Anyone got My Nemesis on workbench? I need to get rid of my EC-1000 to get some nice 7-stringer, Hellraiser C-7 maby?

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Hello forumites, I just tabbed out Bioluminescent <- video link

This was my first real project with Guitar Pro, and as anyone who's been there knows, there was a lot of pain to be had with incomplete bars and time signatures... especially with my limited theory knowledge. So this tab is in all kinds of time signatures, lol, but it sounds decent and pretty close to Keith's song. Inspite of exuberantly F-ing up the rhythm here and there, hopefully I got the vast majority of notes right.

This wouldn't've happened without Keith's video... keep them coming boss! :D

If someone would like to 'fix' this, be my guest, though AFAIK this is probably beyond fixing. If anyone knows of any resources for Guitar Pro tabbing tips/tricks and technique, let me know! I can't be doing much more of this if a short song takes me 10 hours to transcribe. :fawk:

Thanks for all your work so far lobee, it's inspiring!

Keith Merrow- Bioluminescent (updated).gp5

EDIT: Fixed the easy-fix rhythmic issues, changed tuning to Drop A, adjusted quad track levels to make them a little more pleasant sounding.

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Hello forumites, I just tabbed out Bioluminescent <- video link

This was my first real project with Guitar Pro, and as anyone who's been there knows, there was a lot of pain to be had with incomplete bars and time signatures... especially with my limited theory knowledge. So this tab is in all kinds of time signatures, lol, but it sounds decent and pretty close to Keith's song. Inspite of exuberantly F-ing up the rhythm here and there, hopefully I got the vast majority of notes right.

This wouldn't've happened without Keith's video... keep them coming boss! :D

If someone would like to 'fix' this, be my guest, though AFAIK this is probably beyond fixing. If anyone knows of any resources for Guitar Pro tabbing tips/tricks and technique, let me know! I can't be doing much more of this if a short song takes me 10 hours to transcribe. :fawk:

Thanks for all your work so far lobee, it's inspiring!

Keith Merrow- Bioluminescent.gp5

Good job man. Without going over it with a fine tooth comb, it seems pretty close. I am worse than anyone at tabbing songs, even if I wrote them. I lose patience after about 20 minutes of staring at the screen! :eek:

Dilski Kranketh

Reaction score
Downloaded the albums and I have to say...I can't get enough!!! Really, I'm unable to remove it from the CD player. How about the tabs for Wrong Axis or is that asking too much? That has got to be one of the slickest 8 string tracks I've ever heard! So what do you say?

rasse

Reaction score
We really need a tab for Io. Possibly the best song on the EP and seems pretty straightforward too. My tabbing skills suck but from what I've tried to figure out on my own it doesn't sound that hard to tab out. Any takers?

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
We really need a tab for Io. Possibly the best song on the EP and seems pretty straightforward too. My tabbing skills suck but from what I've tried to figure out on my own it doesn't sound that hard to tab out. Any takers?

Keith Merrow - Io.gp5

Banged this one out today. There's still some timing issues that I need to work out, but it's definitely enough to get you playing the song.:metal:

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Keith Merrow - Io.gp5

Banged this one out today. There's still some timing issues that I need to work out, but it's definitely enough to get you playing the song.:metal:

You're like the tab king! Nice job mang! This one is right on the money with the exception of those small timing issues you mentioned. I'd help fix it but I'm not sure how. I need to spend some time with GP5. :agreed:

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
You're like the tab king! Nice job mang! This one is right on the money with the exception of those small timing issues you mentioned. I'd help fix it but I'm not sure how. I need to spend some time with GP5. :agreed:
Thanks Keith!:hbang: (LOL @ tab king. I guess it's better than being called the "rain man" of tabbing. Sorry, ICO! :lol:)

The issues you noticed were mostly during, or directly after the solo, right?:ugh:

Edit: I updated the link with a better version. I still need to figure out the chords behind the solo(maybe when I actually tune my 7 to drop Bb it'll be easier:lol:). Other than that, the guitars should be done. :yesway:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Keith Merrow - Io.gp5

:bowdown:A million thanks, man! I'm just the worst tabber in the world, so you have no idea how much I appreciate your putting the time in and then sharing!:yesway:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone tab out Ceres yet?
I love the groove on that one

Keith this must be an awesome thing for you, having people like your original
stuff enough to tab it out so they can learn it correctly:hbang:
your stuff kicks all kind of ass :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Here's my tab of Wrong Axis. Lobee and I were going to do this track together but due to unfortunate circumstances there's going to be two independent versions. :lol:

Not that that's a bad thing ;)
This should hold off you 8 stringers nicely until Lobee's impeccable rendition is ready. :yesway:

Keith, even though you didn't dig 8 strings as much, my sincere thanks for showing us your part in what could be done with it. Wrong Axis definitely influenced me in acquiring an Intrepid. :cheers:

Keith Merrow- Wrong Axis (complete).gp5

:metal:

Latest posts

')