Keith merrow working with schecter

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Like, working on a sig? Or just helping out in designs/specs on a new schecter model unrelated to him personally?

Highly interested, either way.

Curt

Reaction score
I am really excited to see what they're working on. Mostly because I feel like his involvement will bring great things, and most likely, duncans. :D

My SLS C-7 is the best sub $1k guitar I have owned.

Reaction score
Nice to see Schecter getting support from another big name. Don't think Keith is getting a signature (even though Loomis might be pushing him to ask for one). I just think they are helping iron out some kinks to make Schecters more fit for...well...modern-day shredders (besides masters like Loomis, I mean).

Curt

Reaction score
I just think they are helping iron out some kinks to make Schecters more fit for...well...modern-day shredders (besides masters like Loomis, I mean).
This is what I am hoping for. More satin necks, less abalone, less gaudy inlays, more finish options. And mostly adapting the slimmer SLS neck to the new stuff.

Shredderboy1658

string abuser
Reaction score
Apparently Merrow has been playing a sls as a main guitar in his most recent videos (as i've heard), so there is a high possibility of a sig. I don't think he would giving them his 2 cents on changes they can make :lol:

Curt

Reaction score
I don't see why not, maybe that's just my wishful thinking acting up.

A White finished c-7 with a maple fretboard, duncans and no pickup rings would be a sure way to get me loose with my money. :lol:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't find anything wrong with it, then Schecter is ....ed.
Don't wanna be a smartass, but that made me laugh a little. Schecter as a company is in no way comparable to Strictly7, the whole production process and scale are way different to begin with and so is the large number of Schecter customers and their demands in a guitar. I'm pretty sure most people who are in the market for a Schecter don't even know the guy.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
This may be the only thing that could get me interested in any way shape or form to schecter, so I am looking forward to it. Especially the less abalone idea ;)

Curt

Reaction score
I'm not gonna even try anymore. :lol:
I am assuming they are, if not creating a KM sig, going to still ask for some input on whatever they are working on together. I cannot see him working on new stuff with them and it not result in a new series of 7's with some specs coming from his input.
Shit, I won't even pretend that if they put out more 7's with maple fretboards that I would not end up with one.

Just wishing out loud, really.

Curt

Reaction score
I would welcome that as well. I played a Banshee active recently. Great feeling necks on those.

Reaction score
My Schecter Hellraiser C-1 is my favorite guitar that I own and I really dig Keith's stuff, so I can't wait to see what this relationship yields! Maybe SSO can get a sneak peek, with Mr. Diabolic5150 here on the site and all :cool::cool::cool:... (probably not though)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
AP/UPI - Guitar maker Schecter was able to convince perennial curmudgeon George Lucas to license the Darth Vader character for the new Keith Merrow Signature seven string guitar. Built to replicate Merrow's original Agile 7 string, the guitar will be for sale later in 2013. Schecter expects the guitar to sell well, saying, "You know what metal guitarists like better than Star Wars? Nothing!"

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
shitsøn;3618961 said:
Don't wanna be a smartass, but that made me laugh a little. Schecter as a company is in no way comparable to Strictly7, the whole production process and scale are way different to begin with and so is the large number of Schecter customers and their demands in a guitar. I'm pretty sure most people who are in the market for a Schecter don't even know the guy.

not to mention the fact that the Schecter custom shop is probably one of the best out there.

')